These 36 Healthy + Homemade Baby Food Recipes are crazy delicious starter purees that are great for baby’s first bite. All are easy to make and freezer-friendly. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
36 Healthy + Homemade Baby Food for 4+ Months
These homemade baby food purees are everything!
Delicious! Smooth! Nutritious! Colorful!
Everything your baby needs in their very first bite of food!
Because it only seems right to serve baby a true culinary adventure right from the very first bite. We are aiming for baby food that will give baby’s little taste buds a spark of joy.
These 36 Baby Food Recipes are tried-and-true recipes that are made with fresh and wholesome produce paired with a pinch of spice to up the WOW factor. These aren’t your normal boring baby food recipes – these are purees that both you and your baby will enjoy! Seriously, I have tried and usually eaten each of these baby food purees right alongside both of my girls.
Now, it’s your turn to surprise your baby with a delicious puree. Which puree will you serve them first?
Reasons to Love these 36 Healthy + Homemade Baby Food Recipes
- 3-ingredients or less
- easy to make
- great recipes to start a freezer stash of purees
- colorful purees = nutritious purees
- homemade baby cereals
- delicious veggie purees your baby will love
- produce is roasted, steamed or simmered to bring out natural yumminess
- so good you will want to eat them along with baby
- healthy purees full of essential nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up
- stage 1 baby food
- any puree can be made with organic produce
- cheaper than store bought – great for the budget
Before you Start making your own baby purees
If you are just starting out making your own baby food purees, then be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Food.
Also, here is my guide on my favorite kitchen products to help you make the best baby food purees!
4 Month Baby Food Recipes
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Green Bean Puree & 35 More Homemade Baby Food Recipes
- 16 oz green beans, fresh or frozen, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the green beans into a steamer basket over the boiling water and steam for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the green beans and coconut oil to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on high or until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved water, breast milk, formula, water or broth in 1/4 increments if needed. I had to add 1/2 cup of the reserved water to the puree above.