36 Healthy + Homemade Baby Food Recipes (4+ Months)
These 36 Healthy + Homemade Baby Food Recipes are crazy delicious starter purees that are great for baby’s first bite. All are easy to make and freezer-friendly. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
36 Baby Food Recipes (4+ Months)
These homemade baby food purees are everything!
Delicious! Smooth! Nutritious! Colorful!
Everything your baby needs in their very first bite of food!
Because it only seems right to serve baby a true culinary adventure right from the very first bite. We are aiming for baby food that will give baby’s little taste buds a spark of joy.
These 36 Baby Food Recipes are tried-and-true recipes that are made with fresh and wholesome produce paired with a pinch of spice to up the WOW factor. These aren’t your normal boring baby food recipes – these are purees that both you and your baby will enjoy! Seriously, I have tried and usually eaten each of these baby food purees right alongside both of my girls.
Now, it’s your turn to surprise your baby with a delicious puree. Which puree will you serve them first?
Reasons to Love these Homemade Baby Food Recipes
- 3-ingredients or less
- easy to make
- great recipes to start a freezer stash of purees
- colorful purees = nutritious purees
- homemade baby cereals
- delicious veggie purees your baby will love
- produce is roasted, steamed or simmered to bring out the natural yumminess
- so good you will want to eat them along with baby
- healthy purees full of essential nutrients for a growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up
- stage 1 baby food
- any puree can be made with organic produce
- cheaper than store-bought – budget-friendly
Get Started Here
If you are just starting out making your own baby food purees, then welcome! So glad you are here!
Next, be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide on How to Make Homemade Baby Food to get all of your questions answered. I share everything you need to know to get started making homemade baby purees — from the best cooking tools to have on hand, safe storage, how to know when baby is ready for solids, how to introduce purees, the best first foods for baby, starter purees and more!
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen tool essentials to make the process of cooking, blending and freezing baby food super simple.
- Blender or Food Processor
- Freezer Storage Tray
- Fridge Storage Containers
- Stasher Bag
- Baking Sheet
- Steamer Basket
- Medium Saucepan
- Suction Bowl
- Bib with Food Catcher
4 Month Baby Food Recipes
- 5-Minute Mango Baby Food Recipe
- Asparagus + Mint Baby Puree
- Basic Chicken Baby Food Recipe
- Butternut Squash + Cilantro Baby Puree
- Zucchini Baby Food Puree
- Peas + Mint Baby Puree
- Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Banana + Rosemary Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Chives Baby Food
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Puree
- Simple Leek Puree
- Acorn Squash + Ginger Baby Food Puree
- Carrot + Ginger Baby Food Puree
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal
- Apple + Clove Baby Food Puree
- Apple + Coconut Milk Puree
- Roasted Yellow Squash + Cilantro Baby Puree
- 3-Minute Banana + Coconut Milk Baby Puree
- Carrot + Nutmeg Baby Food Puree
- Multi-Grain Probiotic Baby Cereal
- Green Bean + Basil Baby Food
- Mango + Mint Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Olive Oil Baby Food Puree
- Mango + Vanilla Baby Food
- Pear + Nutmeg Baby Food
- Red Pepper Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato + Curry Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk Baby Food
- Roasted Banana + Cinnamon Baby Food
- Oatmeal Baby Cereal with Omega-3s + Antioxidants
- Green Bean + Parsley Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato + Thyme Baby Food Puree
- Peaches + Cloves Baby Food Puree
- Green Bean + Coconut Baby Food
- Peach + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Salmon + Orange Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Apples Baby Puree
- Apricot Baby Food Puree
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Green Bean Puree & 35 More Homemade Baby Food Recipes
- 16 oz green beans, fresh or frozen, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the green beans into a steamer basket over the boiling water and steam for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the green beans and coconut oil to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on high or until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved water, breast milk, formula, water or broth in 1/4 increments if needed. I had to add 1/2 cup of the reserved water to the puree above.