This Apple + Coconut Milk Baby Food Puree is your classic homemade apple baby food puree except it has a fun twist – it’s made with coconut milk! Makes for a creamy and delicious puree for one of baby’s first bites! Great baby food for 4+ months – stage 1 baby food!
It’s been a little over a year since I started this blog, as I shake my head because why does life fast forward during the really really good times and seem to be freeze frame during the bad times, and I wanted to give you readers a big hug for being there with me through these last twelve months. Your big hug might come from me while I am wearing my new mommy-of-two uniform of yoga pants and dirty food stained hoodie, but it is a hug just for you, so take it and smile.
I started this blog because I wanted to share with you some of my favorite baby food recipes, find a community of parents that are passionate about making their own baby food, laugh at being a parent [which is mostly just me laughing at myself] and to find some adventure in my own kitchen and life.
What I found was a group of people that are not only passionate about food, their babies and eating but also extremely generous, loving and supportive of not only me but each other.
I found a group of people that held my hand when I was sick for months on end with my second pregnancy.
I found a group of people that jump up and down and patted me on my back after the birth of my daughter.
I found a group of people that not only make me smile each day but make me feel like I have a community behind me.
So just take my hug and get on with it already.
So in honor of my first post (found here) I decided to make another super easy but still super yummy apple recipe. A recipe where you can taste fresh crisp apples mixed with the rich creamy goodness of full fat coconut milk. Sprinkled with a hint of cloves for some Fall flavored zest and if you want to go crazy add a dash of cinnamon. Because that’s what we do here, live on the crazy side of life.
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 6 apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (I recommend using organic)
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Place the apples, coconut milk and cloves in medium saucepan and cover. Heat over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until apples can be cut in half with the back of a spoon. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all of the ingredients into blender and puree until smooth.