This Homemade Sweet Potato with Curry Baby Food Puree is a fun and exotic first puree for baby! Creamy, smooth and filled with a ton of essential nutrients for growing baby. Great baby food for 4+ months (stage 1 baby food).
Updated Post – original September 2013 content is at the bottom of this updated post.
This deliciously creamy baby food puree will take your little one on a fun culinary adventure, without ever leaving their highchair!
Sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite vegetables to puree for baby! Not only do I find that most baby’s love their naturally sweet taste and creamy texture, but sweet potatoes are loaded with essential nutrients for a growing baby. It’s a winning combo in my book!
In this recipe, we are going to roast the sweet potatoes to bring out their natural caramely-earthy goodness before we add in a pinch of mild curry powder and blend to a super light and creamy consistency.
Don’t be afraid to eat this delicious puree right alongside baby – it’s that good!
Reasons to Love this Homemade sweet potato + curry baby food puree:
- creamy and smooth
- healthy – full of essential nutrients for baby
- easy to make – 5 minutes of hands on time
- baby loves the sweet and earthy taste
How to Make Sweet Potato + Curry Baby Food Puree:
- wash the sweet potatoes ignoring the fact that you probably need a manicure
- dry and prick sweet potatoes before popping them into the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes or until all those sweet potato flavors start loving each other
- let cool
- peel away sweet potato skin and discard
- place sweet potato and curry into blender and add liquid
- puree for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth
- serve or freeze
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Sweet Potato + Curry Baby PureePrint Pin Rate
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 cup water, breast milk, formual or sodium-free chicken stock
- Heat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Wash sweet potatoes, prick with a fork in serveral places and then place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a fork can easily prick the sweet potato. Let sit until cool to touch.
- Make a cut into the skin of the potato lengthwise and peel away the skin of the potato. Scoop out the sweet potato meat and place into a blender or food processor, adding in curry and water. Puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in additional liquid in 1/4 cup ingrements if needed. I had to add in 1 cup of water to the puree pictured.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!
Original Post –
This is our second week of Mom Monday, you know recipes for our babies that are simple to make.
Recipes we can almost do in our sleep, or in most of our cases, recipes that we can do on very little sleep.
We have sweet potatoes with curry this week, or as I call it ‘sweetness with a kick’.
I made this puree at the same time as I made sweet potato fries for the rest of us. Happiness all around.