Sweet Potato with Curry Homemade Baby Food Puree is a fun and exotic first puree for baby!
This is our second week of Mom Monday, you know recipes for our babies that are simple to make.
Recipes we can almost do in our sleep, or in most of our cases, recipes that we can do on very little sleep.
We have sweet potatoes with curry this week, or as I call it ‘sweetness with a kick’.
I made this puree at the same time as I made sweet potato fries for the rest of us. Happiness all around.
Scrub all the dirt away, ignore the fact that you probably need an manicure.
Roast until all the flavors are lovin each other and your house smells like Fall.
Peel and add some kickin curry. Don’t be shy, taste a big spoonful.
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Sweet Potato + Curry Baby PureePrint Rate
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup water breast milk, formual or chicken stock
- Heat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Wash sweet potatoes, prick with a fork in serveral places and then place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a fork can easily prick the sweet potato. Let sit until cool to touch.
- Make a cut into the skin of the potato lengthwise and peel away the skin of the potato. Scoop out the sweet potato meat and place into a blender or food processor, adding in curry and water. Puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in additional liquid in 1/4 cup ingrements if needed. I had to add in 1 cup of water to the puree pictured.