This Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk with Coriander Baby Food Puree is a creamy and delicious way to introduce sweet potatoes to baby. Filled with healthy fats and essential nutrients for growing baby. Great baby food for 4+ months – stage 1 baby food.
Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk Baby Food Puree
For me, sweet potatoes are a Fall vegetable regardless that they can be found at grocery stores year round. There is just something so comforting about roasting sweet potatoes when the leaves are turning and the air is just crisp enough to be romantic and leave you with slightly rosy cheeks but before the harshness of winter rolls around to chap them up like sandpaper.
Even though there are at least 15 different ways you can cook sweet potatoes [roasted, steamed, mashed, hashed, sautéed] and at least 20 different types of spices you can add to sweet potatoes [cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chili powder, rosemary, thyme, pepper, cumin, curry], I find the best way to make these for the little one is to keep it simple.
Add a pinch of Coriander yumminess
That’s all it takes
All this recipes requires you to do is to turn on your oven, toss some sweet potatoes in and the most important step is to remember to take them out once you are done taking a little nap. Adding a splash of coconut milk and a pinch of coriander will give you a gold star for the day.
Health Benefits of the Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk Puree:
When sweet potatoes are combined with coconut milk you are giving your baby a hearty dose of Vitamin A and E, beta carotene, potassium, calcium, folate and iron. Not to mention, that sweet potatoes are considered one of the best solid foods you can introduce to your baby.
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk with Coriander Baby Food PureePrint Pin Rate
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2-1 cup canned coconut milk – full fat
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Heat oven to 400 degree. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or a silicon mat.
- Prick sweet potatoes several times with a fork and place on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 45-50 minutes or until tender when priceked with a fork. Let cool to touch.
- When cool, peel away skin and add sweet potato meat to a blender or food processor.
- Add in 1/2 cup coconut milk and coriander to the blender and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. If puree is too thick, add in additional coconut milk or water in 1/4 cup increments until you have reached your desired consistency.