This Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food recipe is a wonderful first food for baby! A delicious nutrient dense puree that baby will go gaga over! Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
Updated Post – photos and content have been updated from the original August 2013 post! You can read the original post at the very bottom.
This recipe is an all-time favorite on the blog!
It was the first post that I ever published and since then, readers (and babies) have fallen in love with it.
It is an amazing pick for baby’s first bite of food!
Or spooned into a reusable pouch for toddler!
Even older kids love this recipe for a simple and healthy snack!
I’m pretty sure even you will be sneaking in spoonfuls of this delicious homemade puree for yourself as well!
Reasons to love this apple + cinnamon baby food recipe:
- creamy and smooth
- nutrient dense – filled with 2 kinds of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- delicious – seriously better than any homemade brand.
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food puree
- toddler & kid-friendly
- fast – done in less than 20 minutes
- great for baby’s first bite
How to make this apple + cinnamon baby food recipe:
- peel, core and chop apples
- place apples, water and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-low for 15 minutes
- transfer to blender or food processor and puree until smooth
- serve or freeze in trays
MORE Starter BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Apples + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- 6 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, place the apples, water and cinnamon inside, cover and heat on medium-low for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth. For a chunky puree, quickly pulse the ingredients 10-15 times or until you receive your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!
Original post –
I obsess. It’s true.
A lot of my time is spent obsessing. It’s kinda what I do. I
obsess over things that really don’t need to be obsessed about.
Please don’t tell anyone, it should stay our little secret.
So needless to say, I completely obsessed about this first
What should I make? Something that could be found on a
trendy hipster restaurant menu? A puree with something infused into something
else? Maybe a gimmicky puree inspired by my favorite summer cocktail?
It went on and on like this. Over and over. Days went by.
Oh what to make.
It needed to be something simple. No real work required. Easy. Something that smelled just as good as it tasted. Something that both you and the babes would eat together, smelling, laughing, bonding.
Then it just came to me.
Apples + Cinnamon
Really life doesn’t need to be as hard as I make it
This recipe is easy. Requires very little skill. Best of all it can be accomplished on less then 5 hours of sleep while your little is
having a complete melt down in the other room napping.
Double bonus, it will make all of your other baby mama friends hate you with jealousy because of how great of a mom you are.
Just don’t tell them how easy this recipe is, but do bring enough to share.