This Easy Veggie “Fried” Rice is a healthy toddler and baby meal. Filled with veggies, protein as well as a ton of flavor – this easy dinner is great for the whole family. Perfect for baby-led weaning as well as the finger food stage.
This healthy version of the classic dish is filled with your favorite rice, a mix of veggies and a scrambled egg for some protein.
You can use whichever veggies your little one prefers to make this dish an instant classic in your home.
I used all frozen veggies – corn, carrots, peas, pepper and edamame. But you can use whatever veggies, fresh or frozen, you have on hand.
Reasons to love this Easy Veggie “Fried” Rice for Baby + Toddler Recipe:
- great for 9+ months and older
- perfect for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- filled with 5 veggies!!!
- balanced meal – veggies, protein and healthy carbs
- family-friendly meal
- easy and quick meal – 15 minutes or less to make
- flexible – you can use whichever veggies you have on hand (or that baby will eat), whichever rice you prefer (white, brown or even riced cauliflower), and you can add egg or any other cooked meat you like
- leftovers are great in a packed school lunch
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas
- Tofu Seasoned Tofu Nuggets – Finger Food for Baby & Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Easy Veggie “Fried” Rice for Baby + Toddler
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mix of chopped vegetables fresh or frozen
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked rice jasmine, brown or riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut amnios or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add in the vegetables and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Turn the heat to low, and push the vegetables to the side of the skillet. Crack the egg directly into the skillet and scramble for 3-4 minutes. Mix the egg pieces in with the vegetables.
- Add in the cooked rice, coconut amnios and sesame oil and mix until incorporated.
- Let cool slightly. Cut any vegetables into pea size pieces before serving.