These Baked Seasoned Tofu Nuggets are great for a baby or toddler finger food snack or lunch! An easy way to add in plant-based protein into babes diet. Great for 6+ months and up.
These crispy bite-sized pieces of tofu are a fun and tasty way for baby to get protein in their diet.
These nuggets are great for baby-led weaning, the finger food stage or to be eaten (or attempted:) with a fork. Great for 6+ months and up!
Tofu is a great consistency for babies that don’t have all of their teeth in yet, as it is soft on the inside with just a gently browning on the outside.
Reasons to Love These Baked Seasoned Tofu Finger Food Nuggets:
- perfect for babies without teeth – slightly crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside
- taste amazing – seasoned to perfection
- filled with plant-based protein
- can be a snack or used for lunch or dinner
- great for Baby-Led Weaning or Finger Food Stage
- can be cut into squares, strips or any shape you want with a cookie cutter
- family-friendly – so good that you will want to eat them as well
- dairy, gluten and nut-free
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler
- Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- Rainbow Peppers + Feta Quiche for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Baked Seasoned Tofu Finger Food Nuggets
- 1 block extra-firm tofu organic recommended
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- To get the tofu crispy, you have to drain any excess water from it. Slice the block of tofu horizontally into 2 or 3 even slabs and place tofu slabs on top of a stack of paper towels, with paper towels between each layer and on top of the top slab of tofu. Place a weight on top of the stack of tofu (books, cast iron skillet, cans, etc) and let the tofu drain for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degree F and spray a baking sheet.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, strips or triangles and place into a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to coat. Then sprinkle with the arrowroot powder and the remaining spices and gently toss to coat.
- Place tofu onto baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through baking time.
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out their amazing Learning Resources page that is filled with healthy recipes and meal plans for baby and toddler!