This Roasted Banana and Rosemary Baby Food Puree recipe is sssooooo delicious, you will want to eat it as well. Easy to make – easy to eat! 2-ingredient puree. Great baby food for 4 months and older – stage 1 baby food!
I had another entire post planned for today, but then when I was chatting with some readers on Facebook, and I got inspired.
This is what happens when I talk with you amazing mamas out there. You ladies inspire me to push past my own boundaries, see parenting in a different way and come up with and try recipes I would have never thought of.
Yes, you do that!!
You should feel very good about yourselves!
It started off as a simple question – ‘what else can you put in apples and banana puree besides cinnamon?’ Cinnamon is my go-to. It is the spice that I normally use because I have a secret love affair with it and will always double the amount of cinnamon I put into all recipes.
Thats normal right? A love affair with a spice.
But it got me thinking, what else can you put in sweet baby food purees.
Cardamon, Allspice or Nutmeg? Sure.
Ginger? Just a pinch.
Vanilla? Of course.
Parsley, Mint, Cilantro? Interesting.
Now that got the wheels turning.
How about Rosemary? Something sweet with a little savory.
That was it.
I was off. No questions asked. All plans for the day had to be put on hold until I made this puree.
And I wasn’t disappoint!!
Sweet and savory. Creamy and rich. It is a sophisticated combination I could see at a high end restaurant that when you read the menu, makes you pause and then order right away because you have to know that minute what it will taste like.
That is this puree.
Unexpected. Fun. Adventurous.
Reasons to Love this Roasted Banana + Rosemary Baby Food Recipe:
- baby food for 4 months and up
- stage 1 baby food
- creamy and smooth
- nutrient dense
- great for spoon feeding or in a reusable pouch
- easy organic baby food recipe – use organic bananas (which are only cents more than standard bananas)
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
Other ways to enjoy this puree:
- Mixed with full fat organic greek yogurt and a dollop of honey for a great toddler breakfast
- Topped with toasted shredded coconut and chopped cashews for a crunchy toddler snack
- By the spoonful after your baby goes to bed and before you pick up the mess they made around the house
- Mixed with a pear and spinach puree for a savory meal
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Roasted Banana + Rosemary Baby Food Puree
- 4 bananas cut lengthwise
- 1/4 fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bananas on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until brown and oozing yummy juices. Let cool slightly.
- Place bananas and rosemary into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth. You may need to add additional water, so start by adding in 1/4 cup increments until you get desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!