Roasted Banana + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
This Roasted Banana + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! We roast the bananas to bring out their deep rich flavor and when paired with a dash of bold cinnamon, this puree will be baby’s (and your) favorite! Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Roasted Banana + Cinnamon BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- delicious – full of flavor
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS Roasted Banana + Cinnamon BABY FOOD RECIPE:
This roasted banana puree is great mixed with plain yogurt, ricotta cheese or canned coconut milk for baby and over vanilla bean ice cream for you! To help avoid the banana puree becoming brown, make sure you freeze immediately after pureeing.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Roasted Bananas + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- 5 bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water broth, breast milk or formula
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Peel and cut the bananas in half lengthwise.
- Place the bananas on baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes or until they just start to turn brown.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the bananas and cinnamon to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!