Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
These Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby and Toddler are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free and are filled instead with wholesome oats, one banana, a splash of almond milk and a big pinch of warming spices. The best part – they are 100% made in a blender and the prep time is under 4 minutes!
Spiced Blender Pancakes
Who wants a healthy breakfast recipe that can be made in exactly 15 minutes from start to finish?
A breakfast that is great for ———–>
Kids (even the picky ones) 👧
Who wants a breakfast recipe that is made with 5 main ingredients that you most likely already have in your house right now?
Who wants a breakfast recipe that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and diary free?
You? I thought so.
Then you have come to the right place, cuz these Spiced Blender Pancakes are going to rock your world!!
Besides these pancakes being beyond easy to make and completely nutritious, they are damn good as well!
I have been playing around with blender pancakes for a while now and to be honest, my first attempts were just so-so. It took me a couple of tries before getting a crave-worthy pancake that was good enough to share with you.
But these are the ones 🏆
For me, what makes this recipe so good, is the warming spices that we add in – cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg. These spices elevate the pancake from something rather boring into something crave-worthy <—— so don’t skimp on them! If you are out of one spice, then just sub in more cinnamon in its place. Cinnamon makes my world go round.
When I like to get fancy, I top our pancakes with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, a handful of blackberries and maybe a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. On mornings when we are rushed, I grab a couple from the freezer, pop them into the toaster and then hand them over to the girls in the car ride to school.
However you serve these pancakes, they will be devoured in a matter of minutes. High-five to that 🙌!
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these pancakes.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients and help to blend them. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
More Toddler Recipes:
- 75 Toddler Meals (Healthy + Easy Recipes)
- 15 Smoothies for Toddlers + Kids (Healthy + Delicious)
- 74 Toddler Breakfast Ideas (Healthy + Easy Recipes)
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler (Allergy Friendly!)
DID YOU MAKE THIS SPICED BLENDER PANCAKE RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Spiced Blender Pancakes
- In a high speed blender, add in the oats, banana, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Blend on low for 10 seconds, scrape down sides, and then blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the oats are complete broken down and the batter is smooth. Add in the baking powder and then blend on low for 20 seconds.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray, olive oil or coconut oil. Pour roughly 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles appear, flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Continue process until all the batter is gone.
- I find that sometimes the batter gets a little too thick during the waiting process. If that happens, add a tablespoon of milk into the batter at a time, and blend until you have the right consistency.
- If gluten free, make sure you use oats that are specified as Gluten Free.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge for 1 week or freezer for 2 months. Reheat frozen pancakes in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or by popping them into your toaster.
- Age: great for babies 7+ months of age, toddler and even adults