These 15 Smoothies for Toddlers + Kids are an amazing way to get more fruits, vegetables and nutrients into your kid’s belly! They’re easy, fast, and delicious. Great for breakfast, snacks, or on-the-go lunch! Plus – I give you my tried-and-true best smoothie cups for toddlers + kids.
Smoothies for Toddlers + Kids
Smoothies are a great (and easy) way to get nutrient dense fruits and vegetables into your kids without them really knowing it!
Spinach, sure! 🌿
Cauliflower, you betcha! ✔
Beets, of course! ❤️
Fruit, obviously! 🍑
The best part, is that toddlers and kids think that smoothies are the equivalent of having a milkshake. And I, for one, am never going to tell them any differently🙊!
In our house, whenever I yell “‘it’s smoothie timmmmmeeee…” the girls come running. They start pulling out frozen fruits and veggies from the freezer, they grab their kitchen step stools and start helping me put together the smoothie of the moment.
For me, making smoothies is my secret weapon for providing a healthy meal for my little ones.
These 15 recipes will give you a ton of inspiration for some delicious and healthy smoothie-time action in your own kitchen.
Reasons to Love Smoothies
- wholesome ingredients
- some have hidden-veggies
- easy to make – less than 5 minutes
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
- great for picky-eaters
- can be customized based on your family’s preferences
- nutrient packed
Best Smoothie Cups for Toddlers + Kids
- Thinkbaby Thinkster – a great option for toddlers that may spill their smoothies. I love that it is leakproof and easy for small kiddos to drink through. I cut the tips off of both ends of the silicon straw so my little ones could have an easier time sucking their smoothies out. Easy to clean!
- Elk and Friends Kids & Toddler Cups – great glass cups with silicone sleeves and straws with stoppers (helps prevent messes). We just found this brand and honestly use them for smoothies or drinks everyday. Comes in 8oz or 12oz sizes, which are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Ello Rise Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle – this is the smoothie cup my kids use all the time. It’s a great size, easy to clean and made of stainless steel. Would highly recommend it!
FUN smoothie ADD-INS
Smoothies are a great way to get in extra nutirent-dense ingredients into your little ones diet without them knowing about it. Feel free to add in a couple (not all;) of these ingredients into any smoothie on this list. While these are great boosters, don’t feel like you have to add anything else to the smoothie if you don’t have the time or resources to do so.
- hemp seeds: an easy way to get in extra protein into a smoothie as hemp seeds contain 33% by weight and sustainable source of Omega-3s, amino acids, fatty acids, protein, and minerals. Can add in 1/2-2 teaspoons into any smoothie.
- bee pollen: bee pollen contains over 200 compounds, minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids. I find bee pollen is an easy way to ease symptoms on seasonal allergies for my family. Can add in 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon to any smoothie.
- chia seeds: are loaded with protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and fiber. Can add in 1/2 – 1 teaspoon into any smoothie.
- coconut oil: a great way to get in some extra healthy fat into your smoothies, which will help keep your kiddos fuller for longer. Can add 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon to any smoothie.
- probiotics: helps with promoting balanced and healthy digestion. Add in 1/2 – 1 serving of liquid or powder probiotics.
- fish oil: loaded with omega-3 fatty acid, fish oil helps support brain development, learning, and a healthy nervous system. Can add in 1/2 serving of any fruit flavor to a smoothie. This is the only way my kids will take fish oil.
So, here we go – 15 amazing smoothie recipes for your toddler, kids, and of course you!
Even more toddler + kids smoothies
Tropikale Energy Smoothie by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Immunity Boosting Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie by The Pretty Bee
Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie by Chef Savvy
Chocolate-Cherry Smoothie by Tiny Tummy Tales
Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie by Baking-Ginger
Raspberry Apple Smoothie with Banana by Jessica Gavin
Immune Booster Sweet Green Smoothie by Foodie Crush
Pear Ginger Smoothie by the Recipe Runner
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake by Cooking Classy
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
15 Smoothies for Toddler + Kids
** This post was updated from the original 2016 post with new content and photographs.