Cold Buster Smoothie (and Popsicles) for Toddler + Kids
This Cold Buster Smoothie for Toddler + Kids is loaded with vitamin C, natural electrolytes and probiotics that will boost the immune system, aid in digestion as well as provide extra hydration. PLUS – this delicious smoothie makes great popsicles which will help soothe sore and raw throats.
Cold Buster Smoothie (and popsicles) for Toddler + Kids
It’s that time of year again – sickness season! 😷
And boy, do kiddos like to come home from preschool, daycare, school or the indoor play place with lots and lots of germs! Which, or course, they like to share with you and everyone else in the family 😉
No matter how vigilant you are about washing their hands and avoiding people that are sick, kids always seem to find some kind of cold, flu or other bug.
This smoothie is loaded with vitamin C, natural electrolytes and probiotics which will boost the immune system, aid in digestion as well as provide extra hydration. You can serve this smoothie as a preventive smoothie to boost your kiddos immune system or you can also serve this when they are sick and it will help speed up their immune system to knock out whatever bug they have.
Plus, this smoothie makes a-m-a-z-i-n-g popsicles to help soothe sore throats as well provide essential nutrients and hydration.
Kids will think this smoothie and popsicles are treats but they are actually natures medicine.
Reasons to Love this Cold Buster Smoothie
- loaded with vitamin C (over 89 mg per serving)
- great for preventive care
- also great for sick kiddos (and you;)
- tastes delicious (serious, it’s sooooo good)
- has added probiotics for upset tummies
- great source of electrolytes for extra hydration
- makes great popsicles
- easy to make – 5 minutes from start to pour
- perfect for toddlers, preschoolers or kids of any age
- also great for babies 9+ months if you omit the honey
- Oranges: are used for their vitamin c power – all 160mg of it! They also make this smoothie super delicious to drink with their citrus yumminess.
- Banana: full of potassium and vitamin C, bananas aid in digestion and make this smoothie super creamy.
- Pineapple: loaded with vitamin C, pineapple also give this smoothie a fun tropical taste.
- Mango: are also full of vitamin C and A and are a good source of antioxidants. When paired with the oranges and pineapple, mangos level this smoothie up to superstar status.
- Coconut Water: is full of electrolytes and is great for hydration as well as has a good amount of antioxidants. Make sure to get a coconut water that doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: full of probiotics which will help with digestion.
- Honey: helps soothe sore throats and aid in guarding against illnesses. Look for a brand that is local and raw.
How to Make Smoothie
- Load the Blender: place all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend: turn the blender on high for 1-2 minuets or until creamy.
- Pour: pour into a toddler or kids cup, the leftovers are for you:)
How to Make Popsicles
- Make the Smoothie: make the smoothie per the recipe.
- Add Honey: I added one more tablespoon of honey to our popsicles so that they would soothe our sore throats.
- Pour into Popsicle Molds: pour the smoothie into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze: freeze the popsicles for at least 4 hours or until solid all the way through. I love these mini molds as they make smaller popsicles which I find are a great fit for young or sick kids.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this smoothie.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Have them pour their smoothie into their own cup.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Have them pour the smoothie into their own cup as well as a second cup for you!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Apple Pie Smoothie for Toddler + Kids
- Power-Packed Smoothie Your Toddlers + Kids will Devour
- My Toddler’s Favorite Pink Smoothie
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
DID YOU MAKE THIS COLD BUSTER SMOOTHIE RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Cold Buster Smoothie for Toddler + Kids
- 2 oranges, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut water (see notes below)
- 1/4 cup pineapple, frozen
- 1/4 cup mango, frozen
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup ice
- In a blender, add in all of the ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth and creamy.
- For smoothie – pour into a cup and serve.
- For popsicles – pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer for at least 4 hours to harden.