Power-Packed Smoothie Your Toddlers + Kids will Devour
This Power-Packed Smoothie is loaded with spinach, kale, blueberries, pineapple, beets, probiotics, antioxidants and an enzyme blend that is so good that even the pickiest of eaters will devour it! Great for Toddlers and Kids!
This smoothie recipe originally started off as a smoothie recipe for ME.
Filled with kale, spinach, beets and super green powder, I thought there was no way even my kiddos were going to touch this one. I somehow talked myself into thinking that I would, for once, be able to drink an entire smoothie all-by-myself for breakfast.
How wrong was I!
The girls sneaked a sip of my smoothie, grabbed their smoothie cups and declared it a smoothie-for-breakfast day. Half of me didn’t want to share my new favorite smoothie with them, while the other half was secretly high-fiving myself for packing kale, spinach and beets into a smoothie my girls demanded to have!
Of course, I poured their smoothie cups to the top, leaving about 1/2 cup for myself and watched in disbelief as they devoured their smoothies in record time. Of course, I went back to the kitchen and secretly made myself my own smoothie that I didn’t share. Hey, a mom’s gotta eat as well!
The secret ingredients in this smoothie are the blueberries and the pineapple – this winning fruit combo (which are also nutrient-dense) help flavor, sweeten and color the smoothie in such a great way. First of all, the blueberries turn the smoothie purple, which is always a great color to win over even the pickiest eaters with. The pineapple is so sweet that you won’t need any added honey or sweetener. Plus, there is just something about the blueberries and pineapple combo that makes my mouth completely happy.
This power-packed smoothie is great for:
- picky eaters of any age
- kids that don’t get enough green into their diets (which is almost all kids I know, greens are hard to get into kids diets, I get it)
- a healthy breakfast on the run
- providing a ton of natural and level energy for your kids, no crashing here
- an afternoon snack to help you and kiddo get through the thick of the day
Because this smoothie is going to be such a big hit in your house, you might as well make a double batch so that you can have some as well 😉
How to Make This Protein-Packed Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a blender, then add some ice.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Power-Packed Ingredients in this Kid-Friendly Smoothie
- Spinach – regarded as a superfood, spinach is high in vitamin K, A and C, iron, folate and manganese which help with inflammation, protects against cancer, boosts immunity, promotes eye health and is great for building strong bones.
- Kale – is like a nutrition bomb for your kids. It is loaded with folate, calcium, vitamin K, A, B6 and C. When put together, kale is anti-inflammatory, loaded with antioxidants, helps with detoxification, aids in the brain development (especially in infants), and helps support healthy eyes and heart.
- Banana – loaded with fiber, manganese, vitamin B6 and C and potassium, bananas are a great way to sustain energy (no crashing), helps improve digestion and helps improve eye, skin, heart and bone health.
- Pineapple – in my opinion, pineapple are a under used super fruit. Filled with vitamin C and B1, potassium, manganese and fiber this fruit helps fight cancer, boost immunity, reduces inflammation, aids in digestion, can prevent asthma and helps boost immunity. Plus, it takes like a tropical vacation!
- Blueberries – are high in fiber, manganese and vitamin C and K. They are truly a superfood and are extremely high in antioxidants, help with heart health, boost brain function, help support digestion and help fight cancer-causing free-radicals.
- Beet – loaded with folate, manganese, potassium and vitamin C, beets are anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, helps with heart health and helps boost muscle recovery which is especially helpful in active toddler and kids.
- Hemp Seeds – are known for being a “perfect protein” source because they contain all 20 amino acids plus the 9 essential amino acids your body cannot produce. They are also loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and help with heart health, improve digestive health, help aid nails, skin and nails as well as help balance the probiotics in your gut.
- Super Greens Powder – this is not an ad in any way, I just seriously love this product. It is so easy to toss this green powder into almost any smoothie for a HUGE boost of nutrients that your kiddo will never even know about #momwin! I use a full scoop in my smoothies but for the kids I will use between 1/2 – 1 teaspoon per smoothie. Because you use so little, a jar of this product lasts forever! So don’t get too scared off by the price, it will last forever. We use ours a couple of times a week and have had our jar in our fridge for over 6 months. There is also this brand that I like that have flavors more geared towards kids, the chocolate flavor is great if you want to have something you can put into more flavors of smoothies. No kid will turn down a chocolate smoothie;). The reason I love the Super Green Powder is that it is loaded with over 40 nutrients that provide a healthy base for any kiddo – it has a probiotic blend, an immunity blend, an antioxidant blend, an enzyme blend and a fiber blend.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Our favorite smoothie recipes are below. To make them safe for babies younger than 1 year, just omit the honey in the recipe.
- Baby’s First Spinach Smoothie
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Kid Friendly Power Packed Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes on high or until completely blended. For smaller toddlers, I would add 1/2 cup of additional milk to thin this smoothie down so they have an easier time drinking it.
- Serve and enjoy.
Products I love and used in this smoothie
Disclaimer – this is not sponsored or an ad for Super Green Powder, I just love this product. The links however are affiliate links.