This Mild Curry Chicken & Veggies for Toddlers + Kids is fun way to introduce the rich and earthy taste of curry to your little one! This curry dish is mild enough for toddler or kids, but is tasty enough for you as well.
Chicken & Veggie Curry
My kids can’t get enough of this mild curry chicken with veggies dinner!
And I can’t either!
It’s super fast to make (under 20 minutes), flavorful and easy to toss together with whatever veggies you have hanging out in your fridge or freezer. Which makes it a great meal to have on-hand for a busy weeknight dinner!
It’s the perfect meal for the entire family!
I have found that introducing flavorful dishes, such as this one, early on in the toddler years will only help define and refine their growing taste buds! But it’s never too late, try this flavorful, yet mild, meal tonight for a culinary adventure.
REASONS TO LOVE this mild curry chicken & veggies meal:
- easy to make – 20 minutes
- great for toddlers, kids and parents
- 1 year and up
- can add any veggies to this recipe your family prefers
- nutrient dense
- gluten free
- can serve with brown rice, white rice or cauliflower rice
- great for leftovers
How to Serve this Meal to the Family
- If a bowl with all of these different foods together scares your toddler, then I would serve this meal in a sectioned plate or on a plate with the curry and rice separated from each other. You can also separate the chicken and veggies from each other and serve each food in its own group – pile of chicken, small pile of carrots, etc.
- You should chop the veggies and chicken up to whichever size is good for your small toddler – “pea” size pieces work great for smaller kids.
- New to Curry – If kids are not used to a curry dish, you can easily serve this meal by separating the chicken from the veggies and serving the rice on the side. This is visually easier for some kids (especially picky-eaters) to process and be able to start eating from.
- Used to Curry Dishes – you can add in chopped cilantro and a couple drops of sriracha if they are up for it.
- My husband and I love this dish with cilantro and all of the sriracha on top!
- You can also serve this curry over cauliflower rice or mixed greens if you are watching your carbs.
MORE Family Dinner Recipes YOU’LL LOVE –
- 20 Healthy Toddler Meals (what my toddler eats in a week)
- Baked Seasoned Chicken Tenders for Baby + Toddler
- Kid-Approved Summer Veggie Pizza
- Butternut Squash ‘Mac and Cheese’ for Toddler
- Taco Tuesday for Baby + Toddler
- DIY Family Dinner – Greek Platter
DID YOU MAKE THIS CURRY CHICKEN & VEGGIE RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Mild Curry Chicken and Veggies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into coins or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 – 14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, white rice or cauliflower rice
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, roughly 4 minutes.
- Add in cubed chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned, stirring often. The chicken will not be done at this point.
- Add in the tomato paste, curry powder and ginger, and stir for 1 minute, coating the chicken.
- Add in the carrots, peas, red peppers and coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve over brown rice.