Baked Seasoned Chicken Tenders for Baby + Toddler
These Baked Chicken Tenders are a healthy alternative to the fried version – perfect for baby and toddler! Served with a side of roasted sweet potatoes and blueberries for a nutrient dense family-friendly meal. Perfect for baby-led weaning or as finger foods – 9+ months and up.
An easy and healthy sheet pan meal for baby – tender seasoned chicken tenders with a side of roasted sweet potato chunks.
A perfect meal to serve to baby as finger food or to toddler with a fork.
When served with roasted sweet potatoes and chopped blueberries, this becomes a nutrient dense powerhouse meal for baby!
It’s also sooooooo good that the entire family will love it. I chopped up the baked seasoned chicken and sweet potatoes and added them to a kale salad with feta and hemp hearts. It was a perfect lite dinner for me:)
Reasons to Love these Baked Seasoned Chicken Tenders for Baby + Toddler:
- healthy and delicious
- nutrient packed meal for entire family
- great for baby-led weaning or in the finger food stage
- can be cut into small chunks or strips for easy finger food grip
- perfectly seasoned
- great for lunch or dinner – extras can be packed into school lunches
- Gluten, Dairy and Nut-Free
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOODs RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas (easy & healthy)
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- Roasted Root Vegetables for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Baked Seasoned Chicken Tenders
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and finely cubed or cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Spray or line a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubes of sweet potatoes in the olive oil, garlic powder and oregano.
- Place the sweet potatoes on one side of the baking sheet.
- In the same medium bowl, toss the chicken in the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Take out the chicken and let it rest on a cutting board.
- Flip the sweet potatoes and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly. Cut or shred chicken into small pieces and cut sweet potatoes into smaller pieces if needed.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!