Avocado Green Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
This Avocado Green Smoothie is a tasty first green smoothie for baby and toddler! Loaded with healthy fats from the avocado, protein from the yogurt and iron from the spinach, this smoothie can be served as a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack for baby or toddler!
Avocado Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
This smoothie is a great way to serve baby and toddler spinach and avocado and have them actually eat them! 🥑🌱💪
Which, let’s face it, can sometimes be a hard thing to do🙊.
This Avocado Smoothie is beyond nutrient dense – loaded with protein, fiber, potassium, antioxidants, probiotics, omega-3’s and a ton of vitamins and minerals.
And because we only add in a very ripe and sweet banana to the mix, this smoothie is completely sugar-free! #score
Baby’s smoothie game is going to be on point with this healthy and colorful recipe 🎯
Reasons to Love this Avocado Green Smoothie
- wholesome ingredients
- full of healthy fats, protein, iron and essential vitamins for growing baby and toddler
- easy to make – less than 5 minutes
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
- baby and toddler friendly
- no added sugar
- great for baby 9 months and up
Smoothie Sippy Cups for Baby + Toddlers we LOVE:
- Thinkbaby Thinkster – love that it is leakproof and easy for small kiddos to drink through. I cut the tips off of both ends of the silicon straw so my little ones could have an easier time sucking their smoothies out. Easy to clean!
- Munchkin Click Lock – a great sippy cup that if you take off the bottom straw attachment works great for a baby or toddler smoothie cup. Easy to clean!
- Re-Play Straw Cups – a great company doing great things for recycling! Love their new straw cups! Are not leak-proof but my kids had a hard time spilling anything from them. Fun colors and easy to clean (with a straw ).
- Simple Goods – Stainless Steel Sippy Cup with Straw – great metal option for kids in a great 8 or 12oz size. Is spill-resistant and my kids only spilled these when one got knocked over and forgotten about.
- Ello Rise Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle – this is the smoothie cup my kids use all the time. It’s a great size, easy to clean and made of stainless steel. Would highly recommend it!
Avocado Green Smoothie Ingredients
- Banana: full of potassium, fiber and other nutrients that help with digestion and heart health. Makes this smoothie super thick and frothy.
- Avocado: full of essential healthy fats and nutrients that help promote brain, eye, bone and muscle health! Great superfood for baby!
- Spinach: loaded with over a dozen flavonoid antioxidants, fiber, folate and vitamins K and A. These nutrients help with boosting immunity, helps support eye, skin, skin and bone health as well as protects against cancer cells. A must-have veggie for baby!
- Plain yogurt: filled with probiotics as well as healthy fats that boost brain functions as well as help baby have a healthy gut. You can use any cow or plant-based plain yogurt in this recipe.
- Liquid: you can use any liquid you prefer in this recipe – water, cow’s or plant-based milk, formula or breastmilk.
- Chia Seeds: I love adding in a pinch of chia seeds into this smoothie because they are loaded with antioxidants, omega-3’s, protein and fiber. Adding chia seeds is optional but highly recommend. This is a great brand that we use.
How to Make Avocado Green Smoothie
- Prep: place all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend: on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, scrapping down sides if needed.
- Consistency: smoothie should be on the more thinner side so baby can have an easier time drinking it through a straw.
- Done: pour and serve.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
Get the recipe: Avocado Green Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
- 1/2 banana, ripe with lots of brown spots
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt, use plant based yogurt for dairy free
- 2/3 cup liquid, (regular, almond, coconut, water, breast milk, prepared formula, etc)
- pinch of chia seeds (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides if needed, until smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. The smoothie should be on the thinner side so it's easier for baby to drink from a straw.
- Pour smoothie into a sippy cup or a cup with straw and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!
4 Comments on “Avocado Green Smoothie for Baby + Toddler”
We have reusable pouches. Could this recipe be frozen?
Yes! Just make sure you make it on the thicker side so when you thaw the smoothie it isn’t too thin.
Can my 8 month old have this and other 9+ recipes? Or do I just wait until he’s 9 months?
Age ranges are really just guidelines, each baby is different and some will be okay with a smoothie at 9 months and others won’t be able to have the tongue strength to suck from a straw yet. Try it and see how it goes.