This Avocado Green Smoothie is a tasty first green smoothie for baby and toddler! Loaded with healthy fats from the avocado, protein from the yogurt and iron from the spinach, this smoothie can be served as a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack for baby or toddler!
Avocado Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
This smoothie is a great way to serve baby and toddler spinach and avocado and have them actually eat them! 🥑🌱💪
Which, let’s face it, can sometimes be a hard thing to do🙊.
This Avocado Smoothie is beyond nutrient dense – loaded with protein, fiber, potassium, antioxidants, probiotics, omega-3’s and a ton of vitamins and minerals.
And because we only add in a very ripe and sweet banana to the mix, this smoothie is completely sugar-free! #score
Baby’s smoothie game is going to be on point with this healthy and colorful recipe 🎯
Reasons to Love this Avocado Green Smoothie
- wholesome ingredients
- full of healthy fats, protein, iron and essential vitamins for growing baby and toddler
- easy to make – less than 5 minutes
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
- baby and toddler friendly
- no added sugar
- great for baby 9 months and up
Smoothie Sippy Cups for Baby + Toddlers we LOVE:
- Thinkbaby Thinkster – love that it is leakproof and easy for small kiddos to drink through. I cut the tips off of both ends of the silicon straw so my little ones could have an easier time sucking their smoothies out. Easy to clean!
- Munchkin Click Lock – a great sippy cup that if you take off the bottom straw attachment works great for a baby or toddler smoothie cup. Easy to clean!
- Re-Play Straw Cups – a great company doing great things for recycling! Love their new straw cups! Are not leak-proof but my kids had a hard time spilling anything from them. Fun colors and easy to clean (with a straw ).
- Simple Goods – Stainless Steel Sippy Cup with Straw – great metal option for kids in a great 8 or 12oz size. Is spill-resistant and my kids only spilled these when one got knocked over and forgotten about.
- Ello Rise Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle – this is the smoothie cup my kids use all the time. It’s a great size, easy to clean and made of stainless steel. Would highly recommend it!
Avocado Green Smoothie Ingredients
- Banana: full of potassium, fiber and other nutrients that help with digestion and heart health. Makes this smoothie super thick and frothy.
- Avocado: full of essential healthy fats and nutrients that help promote brain, eye, bone and muscle health! Great superfood for baby!
- Spinach: loaded with over a dozen flavonoid antioxidants, fiber, folate and vitamins K and A. These nutrients help with boosting immunity, helps support eye, skin, skin and bone health as well as protects against cancer cells. A must-have veggie for baby!
- Plain yogurt: filled with probiotics as well as healthy fats that boost brain functions as well as help baby have a healthy gut. You can use any cow or plant-based plain yogurt in this recipe.
- Liquid: you can use any liquid you prefer in this recipe – water, cow’s or plant-based milk, formula or breastmilk.
- Chia Seeds: I love adding in a pinch of chia seeds into this smoothie because they are loaded with antioxidants, omega-3’s, protein and fiber. Adding chia seeds is optional but highly recommend. This is a great brand that we use.
How to Make Avocado Green Smoothie
- Prep: place all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend: on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, scrapping down sides if needed.
- Consistency: smoothie should be on the more thinner side so baby can have an easier time drinking it through a straw.
- Done: pour and serve.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
Avocado Green Smoothie for Baby + Toddler
- 1/2 banana, ripe with lots of brown spots
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt, use plant based yogurt for dairy free
- 2/3 cup liquid, (regular, almond, coconut, water, breast milk, prepared formula, etc)
- pinch of chia seeds (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides if needed, until smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. The smoothie should be on the thinner side so it's easier for baby to drink from a straw.
- Pour smoothie into a sippy cup or a cup with straw and serve.