This Green Bean + Parleys Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby. A smooth and gentle puree that is also nutrient dense. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
Green beans are a great first puree for baby because they are beyond yummy with a mild and creamy texture on baby’s pallet.
Green beans seem to be the underdogs of the vegetable world. They are served at most families big gatherings [usual covered in some type of cheese, condensed soap or another not-so-good-for-you treat but not a so called healthy dish by any means] and alongside other main dishes from time to time. But they don’t have the fan clubs that super star veggies like Kale, Spinach or Heirloom Tomatoes have.
Green beans are not a fad diet vegetable.
They are not flashy.
They don’t shout from the roof tops about how amazing they are.
But maybe they should.
Because they are a rockstar vegetable.
Benefits of Green Beans – loaded with calcium, Manganese, Vitamin K and C, these long thin beans can also prevent a large number of conditions including Alzheimer’s, atherosclerosis, diabetic heart disease, colon cancer, asthma, arthritis, acne and ear infections. That sounds pretty rockstar to me!
So while you are whipping up a batch of this amazing green bean puree for baby, steam some extra for the rest of your family. They will thank you.
Reasons to Love this Green Bean Baby Food Puree recipe:
- mild and smooth
- full of nutrients for growing baby
- great baby food for 4 months and up or stage 1 baby food puree
- can add different spices for different taste profiles
- easy to make – less then 15 minutes from start to finish
- green puree your baby will love
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Baby Food
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
GREEN BEANS + PARSLEY BABY FOOD PUREE
- 2 cups green beans roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- 1/4-1/2 cup reserved water breast milk or stock
- Bring 2″ of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place green beans into a steamer basket and sprinkle parsley over the green beans, cover and steam for 8 minutes. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
- Place the green beans, parsley and 1/4 of cup liquid into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes until smooth. If puree is too thick, add the additional 1/4 cup of liquid and puree until you get your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!