This Baby Oatmeal Cereal is filled with both Omega-3s + Antioxidants and is a great basic cereal for baby. This homemade baby cereal has only 3 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make! Omegas and Antioxidants are among the greatest nutrients for optimal infant and child development. Baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
Baby Oatmeal Cereal
A smooth and creamy oat cereal for baby doesn’t have to come from a box. No way!
This 3 ingredient oatmeal baby cereal is loaded with nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, protein, calcium and manganese and takes only 5 minutes to make!
That’s right! In 5 minutes you can have a stash of freezer-ready oatmeal baby cereal. Yes, it can be that easy!
Reasons to Love this Baby Oatmeal Cereal:
- baby food for 4 months and up
- easy to make – less then 10 minutes
- can serve alone or with baby’s favorite puree
- creamy and smooth
- homemade – not from a box
- healthy – full of essential nutrients for growing baby
- stage 1 baby food
What’s in this Baby Oatmeal Cereal:
- Oats – are a great source of two different types of fiber, which help keep your littles ones digestive tract going strong. Oats are also packed with antioxidants, manganese, phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc and vitamin B1. They also help stabilize blood sugar as well as support baby’s cardiovascular health.
- Chia Seeds – are high in antioxidants, omega 3-fatty acids, protein, fiber, calcium, potassium and magnesium. They are great for digestive health, building healthy and strong bones as well as overall heart health.
- Hemp Seeds – are high in protein, fiber, GLAs, manganese and vitamin E. Hemp seeds are great with aiding digestive health and promoting a healthy heart.
Nutrients in this Baby Oatmeal Cereal:
The best part, this cereal is loaded with essential omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that come from natural sources.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids – are essential for infants and the development of their brain, eyes and organs. Omega-3s also support bone and joint growth, improves sleep quality (bonus for everyone!) and improves heart health.
Antioxidants – are essential at helping eliminate the hazards of free-radicals, helps protect eye and vision health as well as helps prevent heart disease.
In order to help protect baby’s delicate digestive organs from contaminates and pollutants, I would recommend using organic and gluten free oats in this recipe. This is by far our favorite brand of Gluten Free Organic Old-Fashioned Oats.
How to Make Oatmeal Baby Cereal with Omega-3s + Antioxidants –
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Baby Oatmeal Cereal with Omega-3s + Antioxidants
- In a medium saucepan, bring the oats, water, chia seeds and hemps seeds to a boil over medium heat. Once the oats get to a boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for 3-5 minutes or until all of the water is gone and oats are soft, stirring often.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer oats to a blender and puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth. Add water, breast milk or formula in 1/4 cup increments if puree is too thick. I had to add in 1/2 cup of water to my oat puree.
- Serve or transfer to storage container and freeze until needed. Once you thaw the oats, they can become pretty thick, to thin the puree out again, just add water, breast milk, formula or another fruit or veggie to the puree 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!