This Green Bean + Basil Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first free puree for baby! Steamed until just tender, this puree has a mild taste for baby’s emerging palette. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Green Bean puree
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS Green Bean + Basil BABY FOOD RECIPE:
This green bean puree is a perfect one to add a teaspoon of butter, coconut oil or olive oil. Not only will it bring out the natural nutty-ness of green beans, it adds another source of healthy fats to baby’s diet.
MORE Baby Puree RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Green Bean Baby Food
- 1 pound green beans. fresh or frozen
- 1 pinch fresh basil, cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Trim the green beans and roughly chop the herb (if using).
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2” of water and bring to boil over medium heat. Place the green beans (fresh or frozen) into a steamer basket over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the green beans and herb to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve or freeze for later.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!