Sweet Potato + Thyme Baby Food Puree
This Sweet Potato + Thyme Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! Smooth and creamy with a little depth from thyme, this puree is sure to be a hit with your little one. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
Reasons to Love this Sweet Potato + Thyme Baby Food Recipe:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
Super Tip For this Sweet Potato + Thyme baby Food recipe:
If baby rejects the bitter taste of green or dense vegetable purees, try adding a spoonful or two of sweet potato puree into it. Babies tend to love sweet potatoes naturally sweet and creamy texture which can help them get accustomed to other foods they initially don’t respond to.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Sweet Potato + Thyme Baby Food Puree
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme finely chopped
- 1 cup of water broth, breast milk or formula
- Preheat over to 375 degree F
- Wash and prick potatoes with a fork several times and place on baking sheet.
- Place the sweet potatoes in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until you can prick easily with a fork.
- Let cool slightly.
- Peel sweet potatoes and add to blender or food processor. Add the thyme and puree until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!