Peach + Clove Baby Food Puree (4+ Months)
This lick-your-spoon delicious Peach + Clove Baby Food Puree will feature the favors of the summer that your baby will love! Great for a first food for baby.
Peach + Clove Baby Food Puree
Friends, there is a frenzy going around out there, a full on obsession boarding on manic chaos. And there is a clear line of people that are in the frenzy and a people who are not.
We are talking about peach season.
It is getting out of control and I just want to make sure you are safe.
You haven’t crossed the point of no return.
You haven’t gone off the deep end.
You are not elbowing the old lady at the grocery store to get first bids on the newest delivery of fresh peaches, and I want to make sure that you are not and will not order $5 per peach boxes online from Goldbug (that is of course, unless you order me a box as well:)
Growing up, I never remember peaches being that big of deal. I don’t even remember if I even liked peaches, they were just not in my world view. Strawberries, watermelon, apples. YES! But peaches, hmmm, I just don’t remember.
We would have them for my brothers birthday in mid-August in a pie or crisp or a cobbler with the bisquick dough balls on top with a little whipped cream. Yum! but nothing out of this world. Nothing to invoke mass hysteria. Somewhere along the summers, peaches grew to be there own big thing, with their own language – Frog Hollow, Honey Crisp, Dickey, Palisade or Manas. East coast vs. West coast and don’t even get involved in the debate between South Carolina and Georgia. It’s not worth getting a black eye over. Promise.
Today, as a grown-up and parent, I feel like it is my duty to capture and hand down this delicious tasting frenzy to my baby – by making the best tasting peach baby food in the world!
Maybe that sounds a bit extreme, but you guys, this peach puree is everything!
Whip up and batch and you can comment below on how right I am.
Now, which brand of peaches are you going to use in this recipe?
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: PEACHES + CLOVES BABY FOOD PUREE
- 6 peaches cut in half and pit removed
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Preheat over to 350 degree F.
- In a large baking dish, place the peaches cut side down. You might have to overlap them a little to get them all to fit, don’t worry this will just increase their love for each other. Add about 1/2 inch of water to the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Baking time will be depending on how ripe your peaches are. The riper they are the faster they will cook. They will be done with you can prick them with a fork. Reserve the cooking water. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the skins right off of the peaches, if the skins are not coming off try cutting them with a small knife or putting them back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Place peaches and the cloves in a blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency, adding reserved water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.