This Red Pepper Baby Food Puree recipe is a smooth, creamy and naturally sweet puree that is loaded with folate, vitamin A, B6 and C. Great baby food for 4+ months and up (or stage 1 baby food).
This is one of those easy and delicious purees that I would have never thought to make because it isn’t found on any grocery store shelf. Yet you can make it in less than 20 minutes and it can be served to baby from 4 months of age and up.
And look at that amazing bright red color!
How yummy does that look?
Some would think that Red Bell Peppers would be an unusual choice for a starter baby puree but given that it is loaded with folate, vitamin A (from beta-carotene), vitamin B6 and vitamin C and when paired with a little white potato has a creamy, almost sweet taste to it makes it a perfect starter puree for any baby.
This recipe is just the beginning of some serious yummy dishes to come. Add some spices, yogurt, fruit, veggies, grains or even meat and you will have an endless rotation of great meals for your growing little one without all the fuss.
Reasons to Love this Red Pepper Baby Food Puree Recipe:
- baby food for 4 months and up or Stage 1 baby food
- smooth and creamy texture
- easy to make – 2-ingreidents
- healthy – loaded with folate, vitamin A, B6 and C
- great taste
Other Fun Ways to Serve this Baby Food Puree:
- Mix in some plain organic greek yogurt for a soup-like puree
- Steam an apple and handful of spinach along with the red peppers for a yummy combination puree
- Serve over brown rice with some shredded chicken
- Add 2 tbsp puree with strawberries, raspberries, banana, coconut milk and some flax seeds for a power toddler smoothie
- Mix with some pasta, parsley and grated cheese for meal time delight
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Red Pepper Baby Food Puree
- 2 red bell peppers deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 small white potato peeled and chopped
- Bring 2″ of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. In a steamer basket, add potato, cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Add in the peppers to the potatoes, cover and steam for an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
- Add in all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute or until completely smooth, adding in a tablespoon of water in at a time if needed.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!