Peach + Carrot Baby Food Puree
This fun roasted Peach+ Carrot Baby Food Puree will delight baby’s taste buds! Made with 2-ingredients – peaches and carrots, which are roasted to bring out their own natural flavors. Great for babies 6 months and older – stage two puree.
It’s hard adjusting to real life after having a baby. Your normal schedule gets messed up because of all the late night feedings and being at your little ones beck and call all day so that personal things like showers, cutting ones nails and shaving of any kind take a back seat to just being able to sit and stare off into space if you find yourself with an extra minute or two. Working out, shopping, reading a book or blog or anything in print just seem like life’s simple pleasures that are nowhere in your near future. Fun things that you can remember vaguely doing in the past but now have no idea how to even begin to now fit them into your everyday life.
The key is to start slowly. Adding one item back into your life at a time.
Daily Shower – Check
Brush Teeth by 10am – Check
Wear Clean Clothes – Check, for the most part
Waking up at a decent hour – ……..
This is my next task to get a handle on, waking up and getting my lazy and sore bones out of bed at a normal adult hour, say somewhere between 6 and 7. So far, I am batting 2 for 2 but it has been a struggle. No lie, I just want to sleep in while my hubby gets up with Ellie to dress and feed her. Is that so bad? But I can’t do this lazy thing forever, so this week I will overcome my need for sleep, put on my big girl panties, drink more then a couple of cups of coffee and join the rest of the world. That is until Saturday, I am totally sleeping in on Saturday. And maybe even Sunday.
This puree is a perfect combination of Summer and Fall. Sweet juicy Summer peaches roasted down to an almost caramel like goodness mixed with rooted down earthy Fall carrots. Sprinkled with some bold chili powered to tease your babies test buds, letting them get just a hint of all the good things in store for them this Fall.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Puree
- Mixed with a steamed white fish puree for a fancy dinner for baby
- Spooned into a small bowl of ricotta cheese, adding a pinch of cilantro for kicks
- Add in a couple of tablespoons of apple and spinach puree
- Served over cooked millet for a chunky puree that will rock your little one’s world
More Great Recipes featuring Peaches
Get the recipe: Peach + Carrot Baby Food
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups peaches, fresh or frozen (thawed if using frozen), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Place carrots onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with chili powder (if using). Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the peaches to the baking sheet with the carrots and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the carrots can be pricked with a fork and peaches are roasted and juicy. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender and puree for 1-2 minutes on med-high speed, until creamy and smooth. If the puree is too thick you may need to add some additional liquid (breast milk, formula, water or stock) to get desired consistency, add 1/4 cup increments at a time.
- Serve or freeze for another meal.