Plum, Blueberry + Spinach with Cilantro Baby Food Puree
This Plum, Blueberry + Spinach with Cilantro Baby Food Puree is a superhero puree and is loaded with calcium, vitamin A, B2, B6, C, E and K, iron, protein, manganese, fiber, powerful anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids! Wowza! Great for 6+ months – Stage 2 Baby Food.
Plum, Blueberry + Spinach Baby Food Puree
This is just one of those purees – A Powerhouse! A Superhero! An Energy Booster!
A puree with so many magical powers that it might just be possible for your little one to learn how to fly after eating this delicious combination.
Crammed with calcium, vitamin A, B2, B6, C, E and K, iron, protein, manganese, fiber, powerful anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Wow!! All that in one puree!
Not to mention this puree will help with constipation and regulating the bowels, fight against diseases and health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, age-related brain decline, alzheimer’s, ulcers, cataracts, high cholesterol, urinary tract infections and glaucoma.
Not only will it make your little one a superhero flying from place to place, it is delicious and they will gobble it up.
Mix it with greek yogurt, chicken puree or a wholesome grain for a nutrition dense meal.
Go ahead, clear the air-space. It’s time to fly!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Baby’s First Spinach Smoothie
Get the recipe: Plum, Blueberry + Spinach with Cilantro Baby Food Puree
- 4 plums, fresh or frozen, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 packed handful spinach
- 1/4 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Add the plums and water to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add in the blueberries and spinach to the top of the plums, do not stir. Cover and let cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool slightly.
- Using slotted spoon, place blueberries, plums and spinach into a blender or food processor, leaving behind any extra liquids. Reserve extra liquids.
- Add the cilantro into the blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes until you reach your desired consistency, adding in resereved water in tablespoon increments if needed.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
5 Comments on “Plum, Blueberry + Spinach with Cilantro Baby Food Puree”
I cannot really find plums nowadays … Any other fruit I can use to replace plum in this recipe? Thanks.
You can use apples, plums or frozen peaches in place of the plums. I actually found some frozen plums at Whole Foods the other day, but have no idea of the cost. Let me know what you use and how it turns out.
Can we use cherries instead of blueberries?
Yes, I think that would taste amazing.
are there other greens that can be used instead of spinach? What about swiss chard or beet leaves?