Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
This Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree is an amazing puree for your baby’s first bite! It’s a homemade puree that is creamy, smooth, and naturally sweet with a touch of earthiness from the cinnamon. It’s a great stage 1 baby food for 4 months and up.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Simmered ORGANIC apple + Cinnamon BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – uses only 2 ingredients
- healthy — full of nutrients for a growing baby
- delicious, creamy, and smooth
- baby food for 4 months and up — stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- organic puree on a budget
- perfect for your baby’s first bite
- quick to make — requires less than 20 minutes
Best Type of Apples for Baby Food Puree:
Sweet apples work the best for baby food puree. Fuji, gala, honey crisp, and Jonagold apples are all great options.
To peel or not to peel:
For stage 1 beginner purees, I recommend peeling the apples as the fiber from the peel might be too much for your baby’s delicate tummy. But once your baby gets used to eating apple puree, you can totally skip the peeling step if you use organic produce.
HOW TO MAKE THIS Simmered ORGANIC apple + cinnamon BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- peel, core, and roughly chop the apples
- place the apples, water, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan
- simmer for 15 minutes or until tender
- transfer to a blender and puree until smooth
- serve or freeze for another meal
MORE ORGANIC BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Organic Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Chives Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Mango + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Green Bean + Coconut Oil Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Pear + Cloves Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- 9 small apples or 6 medium apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place the apples, water and cinnamon into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until the water starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until apples are tender when pricked with a fork, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until the puree is completely smooth. If puree is too thick, you can add in addtional water in 1 tablespoon increments.
ARE YOU NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
Then check my guide on which kitchen tools you are actually going to need to make the creamiest and smoothest baby purees. Hint: They’re not many!