This organic Butternut Squash + Cilantro Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first food for baby! A homemade puree that is creamy, smooth and naturally sweet with a hint of earthiness from the thyme. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS ORGANIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH + THYME BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- organic puree on a budget
How to make this organic butternut squash + thyme baby food recipe:
- roast butternut squash in the oven for 40-55 minutes
- transfer cooked butternut squash to a blender and add in fresh thyme
- blend with a liquid until smooth
- serve or freeze
Time Saving Tip:
Roast 2 or 3 butternut squashes at the same time. You can either add thyme to all of the puree, or separate them out and add additional spices to the other butternut squashes. Other spices that go well with butternut squash is nutmeg, cloves parsley, rosemary, turmeric or oregano. You can also leave some plain to mix into other purees as baby advances in their eating adventures.
MORE ORGANIC BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Organic Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Chives Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Mango + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Green Bean + Coconut Oil Organic Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Pear + Cloves Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 1 medium organic butternut squash
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme minced
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and de-seed.
- Place the butternut squash on the baking sheet, skin side down. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until the butternut squash is easily pricked with a fork. Let cool.
- Scrap the butternut squash out of the skin and place in a blender or food processor. Add in the thyme. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes adding in liquid (water, breast milk, formula or broth) as needed. I had to add in 1 cup of water to the puree above. Butternut squash can be a thick puree so scrape down sides as need until you have the cyclone effect happening in the blender.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!