This Butternut Squash + Cilantro Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! A creamy yet slightly sweet puree pairs well with cilantro for a little depth of flavors. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Butternut squash + Cilantro BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS Butternut squash + Cilantro BABY FOOD RECIPE:
If you are looking to add some extra healthy fat to baby’s diet, drizzle the butternut squash with extra virgin olive oil before roasting. Olive oil is a healthy fat that is full of omega 3 and omega 6 that helps baby absorb vitamin D which is important for bone growth and strengthening.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water, broth, breast milk or formula
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, deseed and place on baking sheet, skin side down.
- Roast in oven for 35-45 minutes or until tender and can be pricked with a fork.
- Let cool slightly.
- Scoop the flesh away from the skin and discard the skin. Transfer the flesh into a blender or food processor. Add the cilantro and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!