This Butternut Squash + Cherries + Flax Baby Food Puree is the perfect fast and easy recipe for fall. This homemade Stage 2 puree comes together in just minutes, is packed with vitamins, and is the perfect healthy recipe for babies aged 6 months and up.
Butternut Squash, Cherries and Flax Seeds Baby Food Puree
Happy Friday Mama’s!!! We made it through another week! Phew! Group sigh and deep breath.
If your week was anything like mine, there probably were some big crocodile tears, unbelievable tantrums, your toddler yelling, kicking and throwing punches in your direction. And that was just from your toddler. You have handled some poopy diapers that boarder on mass explosions, sticky banana hands clinging to the only dress you can still fit into these days and hot chocolate spilled all over your jogging stroller because that seemed like a good idea at the time.
Should we all take another breath?
Motherhood is a rough job.
But it’s Friday, and somehow it all feels like it will be okay. If not, this cocktail will make it all better.
This recipe is here for you – quick, fun and beyond satisfying for both baby and toddler. I put Ellie’s in a reusable pouch and hit the park to get all of her crazies out.
Steamed crisp butternut squash, earthy flax seeds and jazzy red cherries, because who doesn’t like some sweet little cherries in their lives.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Butternut Squash, Cherries and Flax Seeds Baby Puree
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place the butternut squash in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cherries and steam for an additional 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Add the butternut squash, cherries and flax seeds to blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until you have reached your desired consistency, adding in 1/4 cup of reserved steamer water if needed.