This Pear + Nutmeg Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! Creamy and mild pears pair well with a hint of earthiness from the nutmeg. Pears and nutmeg are also great for relieving an upset tummy and digestion. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS PEAR + NUTMEG BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- helps relieve an upset tummy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS PEAR + NUTMEG BABY FOOD RECIPE:
Both pears and nutmeg are great for baby’s digestive system. Pears are high in fiber and are a great remedy to help alleviate baby’s constipation while nutmeg helps eliminate toxins and eases digestion.
MORE Baby Food RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 5 pears
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- Peel, core and roughly chop the pears.
- In a medium saucepan, add the pears, nutmeg and water.
- Cover and heat over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until pears are tender.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!