Asparagus + Mint Baby Food Recipe
This Asparagus + Mint baby food recipe is a thick and creamy combination with a light and playful taste that leaves you wanting more more more! This fast and easy homemade baby food puree is ready in just 20 minutes, and makes for a great freezer stash. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
Ohhhhh SNAP! This green puree is going to rock your baby’s world! I am not even slightly kidding around here, asparagus puree is where it is at!
It’s spring and that means asparagus is popping up all around the market, so go ahead and grab a couple bunches and make this delicious puree for baby, this pasta dish for you. And while you are at it, you might as well mix up this spring drink. Dinner planned for tonight.. check!
I like asparagus with enough enthusiasm where I will happily eat them with a smile on my face when they is in season – baked, steamed or even pan roasted with a little olive oil or lemon zest, you know the drill. I am in no way shape or form an asparagus activist that gets all giddy on the inside when they first start showing their pretty little stalks.
But theeennnnnnn, it all changed.
I had some left over stems hanging out in my fridge and I decided that baby needed to eat them up, so I steamed them quickly before pureeing them with a few mint leaves and my opinion of asparagus was changed – mind forever blown!
Asparagus + Mint puree is a thick and creamy combination with a light and playful taste that leaves you wanting more more more!
Sometime I find green purees for baby to be WAY too powerful and I am not at all surprised when baby makes that ‘oh mom! what the heck am I eating here’ face that gets all scrunched up and so cute that you just want to kiss it a million times except it is covered in green puree and you don’t want that all over you.
This puree isn’t like that at all.
It is so tasty and yummy that even I was sneaking in big spoonfuls between feedings! And kid you not, I was going to go get my own bowl, spoon some greek yogurt on top with a little sriracha and call it my dinner.
Delight baby’s taste buds with this healthy, vibrant asparagus and mint puree!
Reasons to LOVE this Asparagus + Mint Baby Food Recipe:
- smooth and creamy
- great baby food for 4 months and up (stage 1 baby food)
- mild taste
- healthy – full of essential nutrients for growing baby
- green puree your baby will love
How to Make Asparagus + Mint Baby Food Recipe:
- roughly chop the asparagus – doesn’t have to be perfect
- transfer to a blender, add mint, and puree
- serve to baby (they will be excited!)
- or spoon into freezer trays and freeze for later
Other Ways to Enjoy this Puree –
- Mix together with chicken puree and some cooked quinoa for a healthy green baby dinner.
- Serve with a spoonful of ricotta or Greek yogurt
- Serve alongside the apple + cinnamon puree and the purple carrot + blueberry puree for a well rounded and colorful meal (this was baby Parker’s favorite dinner!)
- If you want to get all green puree crazy you could toss in some broccoli, zucchini and pear while steaming, then add the mint and puree! Green Dream Team puree!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: ASPARAGUS + MINT
- 12 ounces asparagus chopped, fresh or frozen
- 4 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup broth (reserved) steamer water, breast milk or formula
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the asparagus into a steamer basket over the boiling water, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the asparagus and mint leaves to a blender or food processor and puree until you reach your desired consistency, adding liquid in 1/4 increments if needed.
- Serve to baby or freeze.
New to making purees?
Then check of my guide on which kitchen tools you actually are going to need to make the creamiest and smoothest baby purees. Hint, it’s not many!