Zucchini + Apple + Kiwi Baby Food Puree with Mint
Zucchini, Apple and Kiwi Baby Food Puree with Mint – crisp sweet apple, smooth zucchini and tangy kiwi all rolled into one yummy puree for baby! Oh, and not to mention it has mint in it! Which is great for digestion as well as bone development. Great for 6 months and up!
Zucchini, Apple and Kiwi Baby Food with Mint
Every spring, mint comes back into my life like a familiar hug. An embrace that feels and tastes so good. I throw it into smoothies, pour hot water over it with a sprinkle of sugar for an afternoon tea, chop it into pestos, toss it into every salad I make and you might even see me nibbling on a leaf as I walk around my kitchen trying to decide what to eat for my second morning snack.
So what better way to introduce baby to the cool refreshing powers of mint, then by serving her this delicious and fun puree combo. While you can use all green ingredients in this puree (green apple, zucchini, kiwi and mint) I won’t consider this a true green puree, I’ll save that title for heavy hitters, such as this, this and this.
But this puree, oh boy does it make for one refreshing and tasty treat for baby’s tastebuds.
It’s like a gentle alarm clock telling baby to get ready for all the amazing produce that is just about to happen.
Get ready baby, it’s almost summertime!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
Get the recipe: Zucchini + Apple + Kiwi Baby Food Puree with Mint
- 2 zucchini trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 apples cored and roughy chopped (peeling is optional)
- 3 kiwis peeled
- 2 mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and apples to a steamer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Add the zucchini, apples, kiwis and mint to a blender or food processor and puree until you reach your desired consistency, adding water from saucepan in 1/4 cup increments if needed.