This Creamy Mango-licious Baby Food Puree recipe is a great way to introduce baby to the magical taste of one of the world’s healthiest fruits – MANGOS! Bonus that it is a no-cook, 5-minute, one-dish, easy-peasy puree for you to make!! Baby food recipe for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food!
Mango Baby Puree
While most people associate the tropical mango with the warmer months🌞, mango baby food is a perfect treat for baby during fall and winter time ❄️ because of the mango’s super immune-boosting blend of vitamins and minerals 💪.
To make this super-duper creamy, we are going to add in a ripe banana. This also mellows out the citrus taste of mango and makes it one of the nummiest combos out there (plus a darn good base for a rummy cocktail.🍹). The soft texture of both when ripened turns absolutely creamy in your blender or food processor. Bonus – it also makes this one of the easiest soft baby foods to make by hand.
That being said, don’t feel obligated to add anything – mango puree is perfectly healthy and tasty as is 😋.
Reasons to Love Mango Baby Puree
- easy to make – less than 5 minutes
- only 3-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite baby cereal
- Mango: You can use fresh mango if they are available (the reeeeeally ripe ones), but also thawed frozen mangoes work just as well and are way easier to deal with.
- Banana: obviously, the riper the banana, the easier to mash, but don’t go too brown. A few spots will give you the best flavor and texture to make this a special treat.
- Nutmeg: this warm, mild spice is great for flavoring both sweet and savory dishes for baby. Plus, nutmeg is known to aid in digestion.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGOS
Mangos are loaded with fiber, iron, vitamin B6, A and C and are rich in potassium, magnesium and copper which help aid digestion and boosts immunity! 💪 And fear not – if you’re worried the mango may be a too tart for baby, it actually has far less acid than most fruits so it will be gentle on sweet little baby tummies.
Mix it up
Mango Puree can be enjoyed as is for a starter puree, or mixed with a ton of different other pureed fruits and veggies to make delicious combination purees.
Great Mango Combinations
Spices You Can Add
- mild curry powder
Tip on Spices: I always added in spices to my baby food purees, but you can add or leave out spices in all of your baby food. You do you! Either way, this puree will taste amazing.
- Dice mango, or use thawed, fronzen mango chunks.
- Along with any add-ins (banana or other fruit and seasoning), place in blender and puree for 1 min.
- Add water as-needed to thin out your mixture.
Tips for perfect mango puree
- If Using Frozen: thaw the mango in a mesh sieve over a bowl or your sink to allow any water to run off. You can always add more water if the puree is too thick.
- If Using Fresh Mangos: if you are using ripe mangos, make sure you pick one that is soft and ripe.
HOW TO STORE MANGO BABY FOOD
You can store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This puree can be frozen for up to 4 months.
- Spoon puree into a freezer storage container (this and this are my favorite freezer storage containers) – do not overfill.
- Place the lid on the storage container or cover with a piece of saran wrap and label with date and recipe name.
- Place the tray into the freezer and let freeze completely – preferably overnight.
- Pop-out the baby food cubes and place in a zip-lock baggie or stasher bag – don’t forget to re-label the baggie or stager bag for future reference.
MORE baby Food Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
- Blender or Food Processor
- Freezer Tray
- Storage Containers for Fridge
- Stasher Bag
- Reusable Baby Food Pouches
DID YOU MAKE THIS MANGO BABY FOOD PUREE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Creamy Mango-licious Baby Food Puree
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango, deseed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 banana
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Place the mango, banana and nutmeg (if using) into a blender or food processor.
- Puree for 1 minute or until completely smooth. If your mango is not ripe enough, you might need to add in up to a 1/4 cup of water while blending to get the right consistency.
- Serve or freeze for later.