This Carrot + Ginger Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! Smooth and mild tasting but with a fun zip from the ginger. Ginger is also great for calming an upset tummy. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Carrot + Ginger BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- ginger is great for soothing little tummies
SUPER TIP FOR THIS Carrot + Ginger BABY FOOD RECIPE:
Steamed carrots are a great first finger food for baby, simple follow directions until cooked, then chop into small pea size pieces and toss with 1 tsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/2 tsp of freshly minced ginger and serve.
MORE Baby Food RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Carrot + Ginger Baby Food Puree
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 cup water reserved from steaming breast milk or formula
- Peel and chop the carrots into small coins.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2” of water and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Place the carrots into a steamer basket over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer carrots and ginger to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!