This Apple + Clove Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first puree for baby! Baby will love this naturally sweetened puree with a touch of earthiness from the cloves. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS APPLE + CLOVES BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS APPLE + CLOVE BABY FOOD RECIPE:
Apple puree is very versatile, so feel free to replace the cloves with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, mint, thyme or even sage. With so many options, baby will never get bored with this basic apple puree recipe.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 5 apples Fuji, Macintosh, Pink Lady
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- In a medium saucepan, add the apples, cloves and water.
- Cover and heat over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until apples are tender.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Adding in 1/4 cup of water at a time if puree is too thick.
- Serve or freeze.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!