Salmon + Orange Baby Food Puree
This quick Salmon and Orange Baby Food Puree is full of brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and a ton of vitamins! Salmon puree is a near perfect food for baby at any age.
The first time Ellie ate salmon, she was roughly 10 months old and we were out to dinner. I was happily eating my way through a salmon fish taco (accompanied by a margarita, of course) when she reached across the table and tried to steel a piece from me. Little food thief!
I (reluctantly;) took a piece out, smashed it up, mixed it into the sweet potato + thyme puree she was eating at the time, sat back and watched to see what her expression would be.
Except a ton of lip smacks and the frantic sign for MORE FOOD – which were the only two signs she ever learned, go figure.
Don’t let salmon’s salty, dense flavors steer you in the wrong direction by not adding it to your baby’s puree repertoire! Baby’s tend to love fish served in a puree combo and as a first finger food. It’s when they get older the challenge of adding fish to a toddlers diet starts to get harder (as does everything in life).
So start now! When they are young.
Because eating salmon (and any fish really) is sosososooooooo worth it!
If there was such a thing as a perfect food, salmon would be it! Salmon and avocados – the perfect duo!
Benefits of Salmon for Baby
Full of brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids, protein, amino acids, vitamin D and a ton of different vitamin B’s, salmon is know for it’s powers of developing the eyes and brain during early childhood. Salmon also helps reduce heart disease, strokes, type 2 diabetes, some mental disorders and helps improve lipid patterns and vessel function <———- boiled down, all of this means is that salmon is one amazing food for your little one!
How to make Salmon Puree for Baby
This quick recipe is a simple one – we bake salmon + orange for 10 minutes to just cook it through, toss it into the blender with a little rosemary and then pureed until creamy. I find that the orange and rosemary really balance out the salmon flavor and are easy flavors to mix in with any other puree.
But before we get up on it, let me just say that as much as I love salmon, feeding pure salmon puree to your little one can sometimes be an intense flavor for their tastebuds. So don’t be afraid of mixing it into another puree for a super duper full of goodness ultra perfect combo!!
Happy purees to add Salmon + Orange Puree into to make even happier:
- Sweet Potato + Curry Puree
- Broccoli + Olive Oil Puree
- Apple + Fennel Puree
- Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk + Coriander
- Mango + Apple + Dried Cherry Puree
- Sweet Potato + Pear + Red Pepper Puree
- Apple + Green Beans + Broccoli Puree
- Carrot + Mango + Apricot Puree
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: SALMON + ORANGE BABY FOOD PUREE
- 1 6-oz salmon fillet skin removed
- 2 slices orange
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water broth, formula or breast milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the salmon on baking sheet and layer orange slices on top.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer salmon to blender or food processor. Squeeze any remaining orange juice into blender and discard. Add in rosemary and liquid and puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth, adding additional liquid in 1/4 cup increments if needed.