This Organic Green Bean + Coconut Oil Baby Food Puree recipe is a great healthy first food for baby! A yummy puree that is filled with healthy fats that are essential for growing baby. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS ORGANIC Green Bean + coconut oil BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- organic puree on a budget
- takes only 10 minutes to make
Superfood – Coconut Oil:
Healthy fats are a great thing to add to baby’s first puree. Healthy fats such as organic coconut oil, organic olive oil and grass-fed pasture raised butter or ghee are my favorite healthy fats to add to baby’s food. You don’t need much, usually 1/2 teaspoon or less, and you can add it to any roasted or steamed veggies for an instant flavor boost. Healthy fats help aide baby’s brain development and function, repair torn or strained muscles (great for crawlers) and is great for digestion needs.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ORGANIC green bean + coconut oil BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- you can use fresh or frozen organic green beans in this recipe
- trim green beans
- add to a steamer basket and steam for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender
- let cool slightly
- transfer to blender and add coconut oil
- blend until completely smooth
- serve or freeze for later
MORE ORGANIC BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Organic Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Chives Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Mango + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Pear + Cloves Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Green Bean + Coconut Oil Organic Baby Food PureePrint Pin Rate
- 1 16-oz bag of organic green beans fresh or frozen, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the green beans into a steamer basket over the boiling water and steam for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the green beans and coconut oil to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on high or until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved water, breast milk, formula, water or broth in 1/4 increments if needed. I had to add 1/2 cup of reserved water to the puree above.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!