This Broccoli + Chives Baby Food Puree recipe is a great first green puree for baby! Smooth and creamy, this homemade puree is a mild vegetable puree with a fun zip from the chives. Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS BROCCOLI + CHIVES BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
SUPER TIP FOR THIS BROCCOLI + CHIVES BABY FOOD RECIPE:
For some babies, broccoli puree can be a bit intense for their tastebuds. I find adding a spoonful of apple or sweet potato puree helps add flavor and a touch of sweetness baby can’t resist.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 1 cup reserved steamer water breast milk or formula
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2” of water and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Place the broccoli into a steamer basket over boiling water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the broccoli and chives to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!