This Broccoli, Apple and White Beans baby food recipe can either be made into a stage 2 puree, served as finger foods for baby-led weaning or even served to toddler as an easy meal. Made with just 3 simple ingredients, the plant-based meal, is all made in one pot. Great for babies 6 months and up!
One-Pot Meal for Baby
This is such a great two in one (or one in two!) recipe that’s ideal if you are feeding baby combination purees as well as starting to ween them onto finger foods. This recipe is also great for families doing baby-led weaning!
Purees or Baby-Led Weaning – this recipe is prefect for whatever your feeding style is 🙌!
Made with wholesome and nutrient-dense ingredients🥦, your little one will love this protein-packed meal!
Even better news for us moms…you only need one pot and both options take less than 20 minutes to make⏰.
The puree freezes so well too, which is such an important time saver!
Reasons to Love this Meal for Baby
- can be made into a combination puree – stage 2
- can be served as a finger food for baby-led weaning
- pair with a fun dip for an easy toddler meal
- great for 6 months and up
- full of fiber, iron, protein and
- 3 simple ingredients
- one-pot meal
- made in less than 20 minutes
- the puree is freezer-friendly
- plant-based meal for baby
Make sure that your broccoli and apple are fresh and ripe, and use organic if you are able.
- Broccoli: This nutrient dense green veggie is a great source of fiber and protein and contains a tonne of vitamins like A, B, C, E and K. It helps to build strong bones and also contains folic acid.
- Apple: As well as adding a little sweetness, the apple also adds fiber, maganese and copper, as well as vitamins A, C and E.
- White Beans: White beans are loaded with nutritional benefits and they are a great food to introduce your little ones to. Packed full of fiber and protein, folate and magnesium as well as a host of other micronutrients like copper and zinc. Common white beans are cannellini (or white kidney) and Great Northern beans.
How to make this meal
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Place all of the ingredients into a steamer basket, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until apples and broccoli can be easily pricked with a fork.
- Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water if you are making the puree.
For a baby food puree
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes, adding water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
For Baby-Led Weaning
- Let cool.
- Serve in long 2-3″ strips or chop into “pea” size pieces.
- Smash the beans to make them easier for baby to pinch and self feed.
How to Serve it to baby
Baby Food Puree
This recipe makes about 20 ounces of puree, which is enough to serve for the next couple of days and freeze some for later. Make sure that the puree isn’t too hot before placing a serving in your baby’s favorite bowl.
Baby-Led Weaning or Finger Foods
To serve as a finger food, place on a plate and serve to baby. I like to gently smash the cooked beans so they are a little easier to grip for baby.
How to Store
Both the finger food and the puree can be stored in a baby food container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The puree can also be frozen for up to 4 months and thawed in the fridge to serve.
More Recipes Your Baby will Love
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (That Baby Will Actually Eat)
- 9 Best Organic Baby Food Pouches (expert review)
- 18 Breakfast Ideas for Baby (6+ months)
- 125 Baby Led Weaning Foods (Starter Foods + Recipe Ideas)
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Waffles for Baby + Toddler
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
DID YOU MAKE THIS BABY FOOD MEAL?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Broccoli, Apple + White Beans Baby Food Meal
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup white beans, rinsed
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Place all of the ingredients into a steamer basket, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until apples and broccoli can be easily pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- For a Baby Food Puree – transfer all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes, adding water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
- To serve as a finger food or Baby-Led Weaning, place on a plate and serve to baby. I like to gently smash the cooked beans so they are a little easier to grip for baby.