This Apricot + Pear with Coconut Oil Baby Food is a fresh and creamy puree that baby will love! A great puree to introduce to baby in the summer months when apricots are fresh and bursting with flavor! Great baby food for 4+ months – stage 1 baby food.
I have been un-intentionally gone for the last week or so due to a visit from my in-laws, construction on my house taking w.a.y. longer then expected but mostly because during the time I usually work during the day [Little E’s nap time] I have been napping as well.
With less then 4 weeks to go until Baby FoodE #2 arrives, I have hit my wall.
A really high wall made up of fatigue, swollen ankles and an extreme case of mommy brain.
I have been trying to break down this wall with eating a ton of popsicles, drinking gallons of lemonade and having a nightly bedtime of 9pm, but so far I have found those items useless in my pursuit to get over it all.
So please be patient with me during the next couple of months as I wind down a little and try to figure out how to take some time off after the baby comes.
Just because there may not be as many posts or insightful thoughts into baby food, life or being a mother from me, doesn’t mean that I won’t still be here cheering you on to make the most delicious baby food for your little loves.
However, the other day I had just enough time and energy to make this simple puree and had to share it with you. Nothing fancy, just fresh apricots and pears simmered down with a little water and a dollop of coconut oil for some extra healthy fat.
That is the name of the game with me these day. Enjoy!
Other ways to enjoy this puree:
- Served over greek yogurt or ricotta cheese
- Mixed with lightly pureed cooked brown rice and steamed chicken or lamb for a Indian inspired chunky meal
- Spooned into a reusable pouch to enjoy on the go
- Frozen and used in your favorite tropical smoothie
- Swirl 2 parts apricot puree with 1 part spinach puree for a powerhouse puree
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 6 apricots fresh or frozen, pitted
- 2 pears roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup liquid water, breast milk, stock
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, place the apricots, pears and liquid. Heat over medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer apricots and pears to a blender or food processor, leaving any liquid in the sauspan. Researve excess eater. And add in coconut oil.
- Puree for 1 minute or until puree is completely smooth, adding in reserved liquid in 1/4 cup increments if needed.