These healthy dinner ideas for toddler and kids are delicious recipes you need for busy weeknights. Easy meals that will please even the pickiest of eaters! Healthy dinner ideas that are perfect for kids, toddlers and you!
Easy Toddler + Kids Dinner Ideas
It’s the age-old question – what’s for dinner🤔?!
Feeding your tribe healthy and yummy meals every night can sometimes feel like the hardest part of an already hard day. And let’s face it, we are all guilty of cycling through the same 3 or 4 meals that we know the entire family will enjoy.
These easy dinner ideas for kids will hopefully break out of your meal planning rut and give you some fresh dinner inspiration 💡.
With dozens of healthy toddler and kid dinner ideas to choose from, like my crazy good Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, Easy Cheesy Garlic Broccoli Pasta and Healthy Chicken Nuggets with Green Bean “Fries”, there’s zero reasons to be in a dinner food slump. If you need toddler and kid smoothie, breakfast or lunch ideas, I have those too, plus plenty of healthy popsicle recipes to choose from as well.
Plus, these dinner recipes aren’t just for kids and toddlers, all of them are great for the whole family👨👩👧👦, meaning that you don’t have to cook separate meals.. which, quite frankly, is exhausting!
BEST TODDLER and KID eating essentials
Make mealtimes less of a battle with your toddler and kids, more enjoyable and a lot less messy! These are my top picks for toddler and younger kids mealtime products.
- cups (great for smoothies)
- booster seat
- suction plate
- kid chopsticks or food picks (makes new items fun to eat)
- silicone muffin molds (separate or highlight foods that are new)
TIPS ON MAKING AND SERVING EASY Dinners
- Prep Ahead – To save your sanity during the week – prep one or two items that you are planning on using for dinners that week on the weekend – chopped up an onion, marinate some chicken, make a veggie-loaded pasta sauce, etc. It doesn’t have to be an all-day event. Even 30 minutes of prep time goes a long way.
- One Meal for Toddlers, Kids and Adults – Make one dinner for toddlers, kids and you! I developed these recipes for toddlers and kids, but I eat them as well! Don’t think that you have to make an extra meal just for yourself. I sometimes add sriracha, a large green salad or more veggies to my portion depending on what the recipe is, but the base recipe is always the same.
- Plan Ahead – The one thing that has helped me endlessly is meal planning. I choose my meals for the week, go shopping once and then everything is there when I need it. I never worry about what I’m going to make that evening and I can also plan to cook double batches for freezer meals.