Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla for Baby + Toddler
These Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla are a healthy way to make baby or toddlers meal dreams come true. In fact, they are sooooo good, you will want them for yourself as well. The perfect meal for baby-led weaning and the finger food stage. Great for 9+ months and up!
This baby-friendly chicken quesadilla are amped-up with a secret ingredient – kale!
Kids of all ages will love these healthy cheesy quesadillas.
Whole wheat tortillas filled with kale pesto, chunks of chicken and a sprinkle of shredded cheese – a yummy meal for baby and toddler.
Reasons to Love these Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla for Baby + Toddler:
- easy dinner idea for the entire family
- great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- full of nutrients in a toddler-friendly way – kale, chicken, pesto, whole wheat
- great packed for school lunch, playdates or picnics in the park
- great for 9+ months and older
- can make gluten-free by using gluten-free tortillas
- can make vegetarian by omitting the chicken
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these quesadillas.
- Toddlers can measure out the ingredients.
- With help, toddlers can help to spread the pesto and place the chicken and cheese on the tortillas.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients.
- Kids can place the pesto, chicken and cheese on the tortilla.
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas (easy & healthy)
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- Roasted Root Vegetables for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon kale pesto store bought or homemade
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken finely cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay the tortillas on a cutting board and spread the pesto onto one side of each tortilla.
- Take one tortilla and sprinkle the chicken and cheese on top. Layer the other tortilla on top, pesto facing down.
- Place tortillas onto the hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly and then cut into 8 wedges.