Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites for Toddler
These Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites are an easy + healthy lunch for toddler! This lunch is packed with essential nutrients for growing tot, but in fun mini bites that are cheesy and delicious! Your toddler will love these!
Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites for Toddler
This handheld meal is a fun way to serve broccoli to your toddler.
You can chop the broccoli into teeny-tiny pieces for a picky eater or you can chop it into larger pieces for those adventurous kids that love broccoli.
Great for lunch at home or packed into a lunch box for a school lunch or playdate.
Anyway you serve them, these cheesy bites are going to be a hit with your tot!
REASONS TO LOVE THESE Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites for Toddler:
- healthy and delicious
- nutrient packed meal for toddler
- great for lunch at home or packed for a playdate or school
- full of protein and whole-grains for growing kids
- nut-free and gluten-free
- can be made dairy-free with df cheese
- fun way for toddlers to eat their veggies
MORE KID + TODDLER LUNCH IDEAS THAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- 12 Healthy Toddler Lunch Ideas
- 36 Healthy School Lunch Recipes
- 10 Allergy-Friendly School Lunches
- 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunches for Warm Weather
- Kale + Spinach Quesadilla for Toddler + Kids
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a mini-muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Fill each muffin cup by dropping in two tablespoons of the quinoa mixture into each muffin cup, pressing down the mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool slightly and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!
18 Comments on “Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites for Toddler”
How long are they good in the freezer? How do you reheat them?
Good question – 2 months in the freezer. I pop mine in the microwave until just warm (45 seconds) or you can re-heat for a few minutes in the oven.
Does it matter if quinoa is cold or warm when mixed?
I usually use cold quinoa from leftovers, but I think warm quinoa would work as well.
Hi Michele!. I just made this, and it’s delicious but a little bland for my toddler. I doubled the recipe and used a 9 inch square baking pan. Next time I’ll add a bit of seasoning and try to sneak in more eggs. Thank you!
Glad you both loved them. Next time add a pinch of salt and pepper to see if that helps with the flavor. Since I post them for baby, I leave out the salt but you can add it in if you prefer.
Wondering what could you use to substitute for the egg?
I haven’t tried not using an egg in this recipe, but I would try a flax seed “egg” or a little plain greek yogurt.
I made this with two eggs instead of adding cheese since my baby isn’t quite eating cheese yet. Turned out great. Thanks for another great baby friendly meal.
Love the addition! So glad it turned out and baby loved it.
I have made this so many times and always make extra to pop in the freezer as a quick go to meal when we are too busy to cook for 1.5 yr old. I triple the recipe and it makes 24 generously stuffed mini muffins. I never have cooked quinoa on hand so takes a bit longer to prep but still easy and favorite in the house. Thank you for this recipe! We also LOVE the ABC muffins :).
I love that you triple this recipe and freeze some for a quick meal later on! Brillant!
How do you store leftovers other than the freezer? Countertop or refrigerator? Also, for how long?
You can store these bites in the fridge for up to 5 days.
do you cook the broccoli first or. is it raw?
For this recipe, you add in the broccoli raw.
I can’t wait to try this recipe for my 11 month old. Can I use frozen broccoli in this recipe or is it only raw broccoli?
Have you ever swapped quinoa for brown rice? I never have quinoa on hand.