These Avocado Tuna Salad in Mini Pita Pockets are a fun twist on the classic lunch recipe! Your little one will love the creamy texture of the avocado paired with the crunch from some celery and apple chunks. Makes for a healthy lunch for your kids or toddler.
Avocado Tuna Salad
For a fun twist on this classic tuna salad sandwich we are using avocado in place of the mayo, then mixing the tuna with celery and apple chunks for some crunch, before we spoon the fresh tasting tuna salad into a mini pita pocket.
Both of my kids refused to eat tuna salad sandwiches. Then one day I added in some smashed avocado in with the tuna and they went crazy for it!
But then again, avocado is one of my kids favorite foods ever!
You can serve this in a mini pita pocket, between two slices of bread (cut into cute shapes if you want bonus points) or served on top of some crackers.
REASONS TO LOVE THESE Avocado Tuna Salad in Mini Pita Pockets for Kids + Toddler:
- healthy and delicious
- nutrient packed meal for toddler
- great for lunch at home or packed for a playdate or school
- full of protein and whole-grains for growing kids
- nut-free and dairy-free
- can be made gluten-free if served between some gf bread
- fun way for toddlers to eat fish
- great source of healthy fats from the avocado
MORE KID + TODDLER LUNCH IDEAS THAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- 12 Healthy Toddler Lunch Ideas
- 36 Healthy School Lunch Recipes
- 10 Allergy-Friendly School Lunches
- 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunches for Warm Weather
- Kale + Spinach Quesadilla for Toddler + Kids
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Avocado Tuna Salad in Mini Pita Pockets
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 can of low-sodium tuna
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 mini pita pockets
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado until smooth. Mix in the dijon mustard and cumin.
- Add in the tuna, celery, apple, salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
- Cut a pita pocket in half and carefully spoon the tuna salad inside the middle of the pocket.