Baby’s First Bolognese – this thick and hearty bolognese sauce with added veggies is the perfect way to introduce the classic sauce to your baby. Great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage – 9+ months and up.
Baby (and the entire family) is going to love this healthy and easy take on the classic dish!
Filled with chopped carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and ground meat, this sauce is as flavorful as it is nutritious.
This sauce is versatile and can be served over your favorite pasta, brown rice, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
Reasons to Love this Baby’s First Bolognese Recipe:
- perfect for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- great for 9+ months and up
- toddler and kid-friendly
- filled with hidden veggies
- family-friendly (every age will love this dish)
- can be served over your favorite pasta, brown rice, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
- can be frozen and re-heated for a fast meal
- protein filled sauce
- perfect for babies without teeth – sauce is soft and chewy
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas
- Tofu Seasoned Tofu Nuggets – Finger Food for Baby & Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Baby’s First Bolognese
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey beef, chicken or pork
- 1 small carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini finely chopped
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add in the onion and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent, stirring often.
- Add in the ground meat and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the carrot and zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil and oregano and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-20 minutes.