These Crispy Salmon Bites for Baby + Toddler are a great way to serve fish to baby! Great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage – 9+ months and up.
These salmon bites are a great way to introduce salmon to baby or toddler in an easy-to-eat foolproof way.
Salmon bites are coated in crispy breadcrumbs and flavored with a big pinch of dried herbs, then baked until crispy golden brown.
Serve with steamed vegetables and your babe’s favorite dipping sauce for a new baby-approved meal.
Reasons to love these baby-led weaning crispy salmon bites:
- easy way to serve fish to baby or toddler
- easy to make – 20 minutes
- great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- 9+ months and up
- recipe is great for any firm fish you prefer
- serve with any steamed veggie for a complete meal
- nutrient dense
- can be made gluten free by using gluten free breadcrumbs
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas (easy & healthy)
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- Roasted Root Vegetables for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Crispy Herb Salmon Bites for Baby + Toddler
- 1/2 lb salmon fillets skin removed, cut into 1” thick pieces
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Spray or line a baking sheet.
- Pat dry the salmon pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir the flour and salt and pepper (if using) together.
- In another small bowl, whisk the eggs together
- In another small bowl, stir the breadcrumbs, seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper (if using) together.
- One at a time, coat the salmon pieces. First coat the salmon in the flour, dusting off any excess, then dip in the egg mixture and then toss in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Place coated salmon pieces onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.