This Easy Tomato Soup with Cheesy Bread Dippers is a healthy and fun kid + toddler lunch or dinner! You will love this easy soup because it comes together in less than 20 minutes and uses plain greek yogurt to give it some creamy yumminess! Kids love the cheesy bread that they get to dip into their soup.
Easy Tomato Soup
This comforting tomato soup can be made in less then 20 minutes and enjoyed by both you and your toddler.
Don’t forget to make the cheesy bread dippers – the most fun your toddler will have at a meal.
The soup is made with canned tomatoes, Italian spices and some plain green yogurt to give it the soup some creamy yumminess without all the unhealthy fat.
REASONS TO LOVE this Easy Tomato Soup with Cheesy Bread Dippers for Kids + Toddlers:
- healthy and delicious
- nutrient packed meal for toddler
- full of protein and whole-grains for growing kids
- can be made gluten free if you made the dippers with gf bread
- soup if freezer-friendly
- great on a cold day
- can be packed for a school lunch in a thermos
MORE KID + TODDLER LUNCH IDEAS THAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- 12 Healthy Toddler Lunch Ideas
- 36 Healthy School Lunch Recipes
- 10 Allergy-Friendly School Lunches
- 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunches for Warm Weather
- Kale + Spinach Quesadilla for Toddler + Kids
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Easy Tomato Soup with Cheesy Bread Dippers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste optional
For Cheesy Bread Dippers
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or loaf bread
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Italian spice mix
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, roughly 4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can make the cheesy bread dippers. Heat the oven to a broil and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Butter or oil one side of the bread and place it on the baking sheet, broil until golden brown – roughly 4 minutes. Flip the bread and sprinkle with the cheese and Italian spice mix, place back under the broiler and heat until golden brown. Let cool and then cut into 2-inch strips.
- When soup is done, add in the yogurt and using a hand immersion blender or a blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Let cool slightly and then serve the soup with the cheesy bread dippers.