Crispy Seasoned Fish with Pineapple & Avocado Chunks for Toddler + Kids
This Crispy Seasoned Fish with Pineapple & Avocado Chunks for Toddler + Kids is an excellent way to serve fish to your little one – seasoned to perfection and cooked until crispy on the outside yet still tender on the inside. Serve with a side of pineapple and avocado chunks and cilantro brown rice for #thewin!
My family could pretty much eat this Crispy Seasoned Fish every night of the week!
And by saying that my kids would eat fish every night of the week, may get me some eye rolls.
I get it.
Having your kids eat fish can sometimes be a tricky thing to do.
The key to this fish dish being a total success with my family is that it is perfectly crispy on the outside while still tender on in the inside. It’s also seasoned to perfection with an easy mixture of cumin, garlic powder, mild chili powder and pepper.
You can serve it over rice with a side of broccoli.
Or wrap it up in a corn tortilla with some slices of avocado, chunks of pineapple and a sprinkle of cheese.
You could also serve it with a side of lemon butter pasta and some steamed carrots.
I also love to add a fillet of fish to the top of my kale salad with sliced apples, goat cheese and cucumbers, but my kids think salad is pointless so this dish is a harder sell:)
Really the options for this crispy seasoned fish recipe are endless.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS CRISPY SEASONED FISH WITH PINEAPPLE & AVOCADO SALAD MEAL:
- easy to make – 20 minutes
- great for toddlers, kids and parents
- fun baby-led weaning or finger food meal
- not a scary way to serve fish
- 1 year and up
- nutrient dense
- gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free
- can serve with brown rice, white rice or cauliflower rice
- full of omega-3 fatty acids which are great for brain development
- can be made with whatever white fish your family prefers
MORE FAMILY DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- 20 Healthy Toddler Meals (what my toddler eats in a week)
- Baked Seasoned Chicken Tenders for Baby + Toddler
- Kid-Approved Summer Veggie Pizza
- Butternut Squash ‘Mac and Cheese’ for Toddler
- Taco Tuesday for Baby + Toddler
- DIY Family Dinner – Greek Platter
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Crispy White Fish with Pineapple & Avocado Chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 large filets of firm white fish cod, halibut, grouper or your favorite fish
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lime
For Pineapple & Avocado Chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into chunks
For Cilantro Rice
- 2 cups
cooked brown ricewarmed
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper and rub into the fish with your fingers.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the fish and cook for about 4 minutes on the first side, or until brown. Carefully flip the filets and cook for roughly 2-3 minutes more, or until brown and crispy.
- In a medium bowl, add in the pineapple chunks and avocado and gently toss.
- In another medium bowl, take the warm cooked rice and add in the butter and cilantro. Stir until combined and butter is melted.
- Serve the fish with a side of the rice and a small bowl of the pineapple and avocado chunks. Serve with a squeeze of lime.