Healthy Yogurt Parfait Popsicles for Toddler + Kids
These Healthy Yogurt Parafait Popsicles for Toddler + Kids are the perfect breakfast on a hot summer day! These popsicles are naturally sweetened and filled with protein, probiotics, healthy whole-grains, antioxidants and fiber. A healthy and fun way to start the day!
Healthy Yogurt Parfait Popsicles for Toddler + Kids
It’s full on summer now – where even the mornings are so blazing hot that you have to opt for an iced coffee instead of a hot coffee to start your day. Side note – is it just me or does iced coffee never wake you up the same way hot coffee does? I always seem to be dragging when I drink iced coffee in the morning… anyone else?
You guys, these popsicles are about to change these hotter-than-hell summer mornings for both you and your kiddos!
These Yogurt Parfait Popsicles are deliciously cold and refreshing while being beyond healthy!
It’s the winning combination you never knew you needed.
Yes, you will be eating this for breakfast as well!
They are so good that you will be fighting with your little one on who gets to have the last popsicle in the tray! You should probably let them win, but it’s okay if your inner kid is a little mad about it;)
I brought a popsicle tray of these yogurt parfait popsicles over to a friends house for an early morning coffee chat/playdate and before we even had the coffee poured, the 5 kids had devoured the entire batch of these popsicles! ALL 9 POPSICLES!
They all loved them!
My friend and I didn’t even get to have one.
Lesson learned – always bring a double batch of these to a playdate!
And have another tray in the freezer at home just for you:)
Reasons to Love these healthy yogurt parfait popsicles:
- great breakfast on a hot day
- also great for a healthy snack or dessert
- good source of protein
- filled with antioxidants, whole-grains and fiber
- yummy popsicle for toddler, kids and even adults
- made with natural sweetener (no processed sugar)
- frozen treat on a hot day
- filled with probiotics for healthy digestion
- can be made with any fruit your kiddo prefers – blueberries, raspberries, peaches, mangos, bananas, etc
- can be made gluten-free, dairy-free or nut-free (see recipe)
How to make these Yogurt Parafait Popsicles for Toddler + Kids:
- take fresh strawberries and smash with a fork until just slightly chunky
- divide plain greek yogurt into 2 separate bowls
- add smashed strawberries and honey into one bowl of yogurt, stir
- add honey into other bowl of yogurt, stir
- in a popsicle mold, layer the strawberry yogurt, then the granola followed by the plain yogurt.
- if using bigger popsicle molds, you can a double layer of granola
- insert popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these fun popsicles.
- Toddlers can help measure the ingredients.
- They can help to stir the ingredients together
- Toddlers can help pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle molds and sprinkle over the granola. You may want to pour the popsicle mixture into a smaller measuring cup with pour lip to make it easier on them.
- They can put the popsicle stick in the mold.
- With help, they can place the popsicle molds into the freezer. My kids always spill the tray at this point, so just give them an extra hand.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients and mix.
- Kids can pour the popsicle mixture and granola into the molds and place the popsicles into the freezer.
POPSICLE MOLDS FOR Toddler + Kids:
- Zoku Mini Mold – hands down my favorite mold for toddler sized popsicles. Each popsicle is less than an ounce in size and there are 9 popsicles in the mold. I have found that because of their small size these popsicles get devoured before they have time to melt all over the place —> not as messy!
- Zoku Classic Pop Molds – these are bigger then the mini molds, but still great for older toddlers and kids. I used this mold for this recipe.
- FoodWorks Silicone Ice Pop Maker Molds/Popsicle Molds – these are great for toddlers and kids because they are a little bigger. The best part about these molds is that they are transportable and be popped into a cooler for a park or pool picnic.
MORE HEALTHY Toddler + Kid TREAT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- 7 Healthy Popsciles for Baby + Toddler
- Healthy Funfetti Popsicles for Toddler + Kids
- Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddlers + Kids
- Easy Watermelon Slush for Toddlers + Kids
- Sweet Beet Dreamsicles for Baby + Toddler
DID YOU MAKE THESE HELTHY YOGURT PARFAIT POPSICLES RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Healthy Yogurt Parfait Popsicles for Toddler + Kids
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt divided
- 4 tbsp honey divided
- 3-4 strawberries
- 1/3 cup granola
- Divide yogurt into two small bowls.
- Place the strawberries onto a cuttig board and using a fork, smash the strawberries until mostly smooth with a few chunks. Add strawberries into one of the bowls.
- Pour half of the honey into one bowl of yogurt, stir until combined. Pour the other half of honey into the other bowl of yogurt, stir until combined.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the strawberry yogurt into each popsicle mold.
- Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the granola into each popsicle mold.
- Then finish up by spooning one tablespoon of the plain yogurt on top of the granola.
- Gently place the popsicle stick into the mold.
- Place the popsicle mold in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until frozen.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!