Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddlers + Kids (refined sugar-free)
These Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddlers + Kids are a refreshing summer drink that the entire family will enjoy! Made with 5 simple ingredients – lemons, strawberries, honey, ice and water, these slushies will become your new favorite summer drink.
These strawberry lemonade slushies are winning at life right now 🍓🍋👊🏼
Filled with just enough natural sweetness to equal out the tartness of the freshly squeezed lemons, these slushies are refreshingly addicting on a hot summer day And because we are only using natural sugar and real ingredients (no refined sugar or fake dyes here) in these slushies, there will be no #momguilt 🙅🏻 for how many cups your kiddos (and you) will drink.
They Strawberry Lemonade Slushies are made with 5 simple ingredients –
- Honey or Maple Syrup
Because these slushies are so easy to make, I have been making them at least once a day for my crew. I can’t tell you how many bags of lemons I have bought from Costco over the past few weeks 🙈.
I make a batch of these slushies for when we hang out in the backyard and let the kids play in the sprinkler
I make a batch of these slushies, pour it into a portable container and take it along with us to the pool, park, splash pad, movie at the park, etc, along with some extra cups for all our friends to have some
I make a batch of these slushies, serve some to the kids, add some Rum into the rest, blend it up again and serve the spiked version to the adults
I make a batch of these slushies, pack an easy picnic and head to our nearest park for a fun summer dinner alfresco style
Wait, did you catch the third one up there 👆🏼? I highly encourage you to serve some of the slushie to your kids and then add a generous pour of your favorite hard alcohol (Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila.. you know, whatever you have on hand will work after a long day with the kids), blend it up again and serve it to the adults. Just make sure to serve the spiked slushies in a different style cup than what the kiddos are drinking out of. Just saying.
Anywhere and anyway you serve these Strawberry Lemonade Slushies, your kiddos (and you) will be in for an amazingly refreshing summer treat!
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these slushies.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Once blended, toddlers can help pour the slushies. You may want to pour the mixture into a smaller measuring cup with pour lip to make it easier on them.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Kids can pour the mixture into glasses.
Get the recipe: Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddles + Kids
- 4-5 lemons juiced
- 6 strawberries greens removed
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup or to taste
- 6-7 cups of ice
- 2-3 cups of water sparking or plain
- Start by adding the juice of 4 lemons along with the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 1 minute (you can also use the smoothie setting on your blender if you have one) or until you have the right slushy consistency.
- You may need adjust the ice vs water ratio to get the perfect thickness of slushy for your family. I used 7 cups of ice and 2 cups of sparkling water in my recipe above. You may also need to add the juice of one more lemon depending on how juicy and tart your lemons are. I made the above batch with 5 lemons but with other batches I used the juice of 4 lemons and that was plenty for us.
- Serve and enjoy! If your slushy gets too watery, just add some more ice and blend it up again.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!