This 3-Ingredient Easy Watermelon Slush is naturally refined sugar-free and is the perfect cold and sweet treat for any toddler, kid or even adult this summer!
If there is one thing that you still need to put on your summer bucket list – it’s to make this Easy Watermelon Slush!
I know it’s somewhat late in the game to be adding more to what is probably an already overpacked summer to-do list for your family, and by no means do I want to add anything to your already hectic summer life, but I promise this easy watermelon dessert is going to be worth the last-minute addition.
A refreshingly cold and sweet treat that will hit the spot on any hot summer day.
This Easy Watermelon Slush is made with only 3 ingredients –
- honey (you can also use maple syrup)
- a lime
This Easy Watermelon Slush takes only a couple of minutes to get started – you combine watermelon, lime juice and honey in a blender before pouring the watermelon mixture into a baking dish. Then you simply place the baking dish into the freezer.
Then comes the hard part.. waiting for it to freeze.
After the hard part comes the fun part.. scraping the new watermelon ice into slush with a fork.
There is something so satisfying about scraping the frozen ice into slush – I’m calling it my summer stress releaser.
This watermelon slush is also a great recipe to make alongside your kiddos. The kids can help blend, pour or scrap. There’s lots of scraping to be done so everyone will get a turn. Just be warned that when I let me girls help with the scraping part, they tend to scrap, eat, scrap, eat and by the time they are done ‘helping’ the slush is about half way gone. But seriously, how can I get mad, they are certainly living their best summer lives.
And lastly, I probably shouldn’t be giving you any ideas on how to drink more during the summer months because I have a feeling that your Rosé game has been strong this summer. But my hubby poured a shot of vodka over the top of his bowl of watermelon slush and you bet I ate more then half of his slush when he wasn’t looking. It was more amazing then I will ever have words for.
From kid-friendly to adult-only this Easy Watermelon Slush is a must-make this summer!
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this watermelon slushie.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Once blended, toddlers can help pour the slush into a tin. You may want to pour the mixture into a smaller measuring cup with pour lip to make it easier on them.
- With help, they can place the tin into the freezer. My kids always spill the tray at this point, so just give them an extra hand.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Kids can pour the mixture into the tin and place into the freezer.
- They can help to scrape the slushie.
Easy Watermelon Slush for Toddlers + Kids
- 1/2 medium watermelon peel removed and chopped (roughly 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 lime juiced
- Place the watermelon chunks, honey and lime juice in a blender and blend for 30 seconds on medium-high or until completely blended.
- Pour watermelon mixture into a 9×9 or 9×13 baking dish. Place in freezer for 1 hour. Take the baking dish out of the freezer and using a fork, scrape the frozen areas of the slush until broken apart. Continue scraping the slush with a fork every couple hours. The watermelon mixture needs to be frozen for a total 4-6 hours before serving.
- Before serving, scrape the frozen mixture again with a fork, spoon into bowls and enjoy.